Stefan's Florilegium article for June 2012

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012
      Greetings to the Gentlefolk of the SCA,

      Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for June detailing what is
      new in the Florilegium this month.

      I am always looking for good articles for the Florilegium. If you have
      researched something in our period or you practice a little known art
      or craft, writing an article is an excellent way to introduce others
      to the work you've done. I'm especially interested in academic papers
      written for A&S contests because, unfortunately, few have time at such
      an event to read them. Even the judges. Getting them published in the
      Florilegium lets your hard word benefit the entire Known World. Word
      format is the easiest for me to handle, but others are possible.

      If you've sent me an article in the past and you still haven't seen it
      in the Florilegium, please email me. There are articles that I've had
      trouble translating into Word or that for some reason part, usually a
      graphic, didn't come through cleanly. And sometimes things simply get
      lost in my pile of old email.If you read a good article that you think
      should have a larger audience than a local newsletter, please
      encourage the author to send it to me.

      If you, your household or your local group run a website, please
      consider adding a link there to the Florilegium. Not only does this
      help people who might be interested in what the Florilegium offers
      find the site, but it raises the site in the Google ratings and thus
      might bring in more ad money to keep the site going.

      Thanks,
      Stefan
      --------
      A Blending of the Past and Present

      Over the past twenty-two years in an ongoing effort, I have been
      collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
      lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
      this information available to others, I have placed this information
      in a collection of files called Stefan's Florilegium.

      I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an article
      that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send it to me
      for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. A&S documentation and class
      handouts will also often work well. I am especially interested in
      research papers submitted as A&S entries.

      Advertisements on the site pay for its upkeep. If you enjoy the
      Florilegium, please click on an ad or two whenever you are there.

      THLord Stefan li Rous Ansteorra stefan at florilegium.org

      Here are the new files for this month:
      In the ANIMALS section:
      The-Bestiary-art "A Brief Overview of Bestiary" by Lady
      Katharine of Caithness.
      In the CELEBRATIONS AND EVENTS section:
      Ceidhle-art A dog's viewpoint of the 2012 "Ceidhle" event
      by Baroness Jenna of Southwind's pack.
      In the CHILDREN section:
      children-SCA-msg Comments about children in the SCA.
      In the CULTURES section:
      Rila-Bulgaria-srt "Medieval Rila, Bulgaria" by Tamara of
      Thamesreach.
      In the SCA EVENT PLANNING section:
      College-Demos-art Lady Isabella Caresini's Recruitment Demo
      Strategy for college campuses".
      In the STRUCTURES section:
      Castle-Captur-art "How to Capture a Castle" by Lady Katharine of
      Caithness.

      Here are the updated files for this month.
      child-tags-msg Identity tags for children at SCA events.
      cloaks-msg Cloaks, cloak pins and clasps.
      cookbooks-SCA-msg Cookbooks written by people in the SCA.
      cookies-msg Period cookies. Recipes.
      cooks-clothng-msg Period and SCA cooks clothing.
      exotic-meats-msg Period and SCA exotic meats. Swans, ostrich,
      crawfish, dormice, cat.
      raw-milk-msg Finding and using raw milk.
      ---
      Copyright 2012, Mark S. Harris. Permission to reprint in SCA-related
      publications is hereby granted if the file descriptions are left
      unchanged. Removing any of the updated files listed in order to fit
      the article into limited publication space is allowed. The article
      introduction may also be edited, provided the web address and contact
      info are retained.

      <end>
      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris