For Christine. Some more Scottish info

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012
      Christine asked:
      <<< My name is Christine and I am sort of new to the SCA. Not really,
      but I may as well be. I have been around a lot of SCA people for a
      really long time. I know a lot of the rules and the such, and I am the
      Webminister for my Canton. >>>

      To which I gave a lengthy answer. But could she please email me? I was
      emailing with Lord Mungo Napier, the "crazy Scot" and he told me he
      had some info to pass on to you. Unfortunately, I delete this groups
      digests as I finish them. So I no longer have your email.

      > If you still have contact with the Scottish lady, you can send her
      > to me. I have collected some online material collected for My Lady
      > Sarah Sinclair, and can save this lady a lot of time. I have to say
      > that reenactment material on Scottish women is scarce. She will
      > probably want to do a Highland/Lowland composite anyway. Most Scots
      > reenactors do (myself included, but then my real Napier ancestors
      > held lands in both the Lowlands and the Highlands including one
      > shore of Loch Lomand).

      I am currently editing his article on "Scottish Archers? Really?". He
      starts off with a good general intro to Scottish history and geography
      including the lowlands/highlands that I think you would find useful. I
      hope to have it edited in the next few days and in the Florilegium
      sometime after that. I'd also be willing to forward to you the
      unedited or the edited article if that might help.

      My apologies everyone else for taking up your time but I didn't save
      Christine's email address.

      Stefan

      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris