Re: [SCA Newcomers] Madison weekly practice..?

  • Chuck Burke
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
      Amina,

      It looks as those you reside in or near the Barony of Jaravellir, in the
      Kingdom of Northshield. The Barony's web site at
      http://www.jararvellir.org/ has information for newcomers such as yourself,
      and a schedule of regular activities and special events. I also see that
      on their Links page, they have a mailing list available for interested
      parties.

      Yours in Service,
      Dragos Pelikanos
      "Let there be music! Let there be dancing!"

      On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM, sprucepath@...
      <sprucepath@...>wrote:

      > Madison wisconsin
      > >>

      > >> When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to
      > be
      > >> able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty

    • Ian Green
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
        Wednesdays around 6pm. Both Heavy and rapier as well as Archery and
        sometimes thrown weapons.

        Sundays around 2pm I believe but check the websites you have been given
        already. Sundays always have archery and if folks have talked ahead of
        time will have rapier and/or heavy fighting as well, though less people
        attend the Sunday practice for heavy and rapier. Also thrown weapons is
        more likely to happen on Sundays than on Wednesdays.

        The Jararvellir (pronounced Yara VET lur) has one of the best arts martial
        practices in Northshield or did when I lived there 2.5 years ago.

        Practices happen at the University of Wisconsin's Stock Pavillion. Once
        you've been there, it is easy to get to. However your first time there, I
        suggest you use overhead map views. Going down University EAST there is a
        very easy exit to the right to get there. That exist isn't possible if you
        are headed WEST. WEST you turn left at the light and use some university
        campus roads.

        Always be careful of undergrads. They don't seem to pay much attention to
        cars. And the campus is full of bicyclists as well so keep an eye out for
        them.

        The Chatelaine for the Barony is really nice and can help you out as well.

        Ian the Green

        <sprucepath@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Madison wisconsin
        > Sent from my LG phone
        >

        > Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:
        >
        > >Which Madison?
        > >
        > >On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM, amina <sprucepath@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> **
        >

        > >> When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to
        > be
        > >> able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty
        > >>

        > >--
        > >Yours In Service,
        > >
        > >Lord Ian the Green
        > >
        > >http://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/
        > >
        > >Ian's Flickr account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianthegreen/>

        Yours In Service,

        Lord Ian the Green

      • sprucepath@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
          Thank-you kind fellow...i will search at once.....
          Sent from my LG phone