Re: [SCA Newcomers] Madison weekly practice..?

  • Ian Green
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
      Which Madison?

      --
      Yours In Service,

      Lord Ian the Green

    • sprucepath@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
        Madison wisconsin
        Sent from my LG phone

        Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:

        >Which Madison?
        >
        >On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM, amina <sprucepath@...> wrote:
        >
        >> **
        >>

        >> When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to be
        >> able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty
        >>

        >--
        >Yours In Service,
        >
        >Lord Ian the Green
        >
        >http://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/
        >
        >Ian's Flickr account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianthegreen/>

      • Nicole E. Miller
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
          Since this list is society wide, for local activities its best to check the local branch's web site and activity calendar. Madison, WI is in the Kingdom of Northshield, Woodlands Region, Barony of Jararvellir

          Their fighter page is http://www.jararvellir.org/combat.php

          Sian,
          Kingdom of Atlantia
          ---- "sprucepath@..." <sprucepath@...> wrote:

          =============
          Madison wisconsin
          Sent from my LG phone

          Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:

          >Which Madison?
          >
          >On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM, amina <sprucepath@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to be
          >> able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty
          >>

          >--
          >Yours In Service,
          >
          >Lord Ian the Green
          >
          >http://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/
          >
          >Ian's Flickr account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianthegreen/>

        • Chuck Burke
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
            Amina,

            It looks as those you reside in or near the Barony of Jaravellir, in the
            Kingdom of Northshield. The Barony's web site at
            http://www.jararvellir.org/ has information for newcomers such as yourself,
            and a schedule of regular activities and special events. I also see that
            on their Links page, they have a mailing list available for interested
            parties.

            Yours in Service,
            Dragos Pelikanos
            "Let there be music! Let there be dancing!"

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
              Wednesdays around 6pm. Both Heavy and rapier as well as Archery and
              sometimes thrown weapons.

              Sundays around 2pm I believe but check the websites you have been given
              already. Sundays always have archery and if folks have talked ahead of
              time will have rapier and/or heavy fighting as well, though less people
              attend the Sunday practice for heavy and rapier. Also thrown weapons is
              more likely to happen on Sundays than on Wednesdays.

              The Jararvellir (pronounced Yara VET lur) has one of the best arts martial
              practices in Northshield or did when I lived there 2.5 years ago.

              Practices happen at the University of Wisconsin's Stock Pavillion. Once
              you've been there, it is easy to get to. However your first time there, I
              suggest you use overhead map views. Going down University EAST there is a
              very easy exit to the right to get there. That exist isn't possible if you
              are headed WEST. WEST you turn left at the light and use some university
              campus roads.

              Always be careful of undergrads. They don't seem to pay much attention to
              cars. And the campus is full of bicyclists as well so keep an eye out for
              them.

              The Chatelaine for the Barony is really nice and can help you out as well.

              Ian the Green

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
                Thank-you kind fellow...i will search at once.....
                Sent from my LG phone