Madison weekly practice..?

  • amina
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
      When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to be able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty
    • Ian Green
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2012
        Which Madison?

        --
        Yours In Service,

        Lord Ian the Green

      • sprucepath@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
          Madison wisconsin
          Sent from my LG phone

          Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:

          >Which Madison?
          >
          >On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM, amina <sprucepath@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to be
          >> able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty
          >>

          >--
          >Yours In Service,
          >
          >Lord Ian the Green
          >
          >http://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/
          >
          >Ian's Flickr account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianthegreen/>

        • Nicole E. Miller
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
            Since this list is society wide, for local activities its best to check the local branch's web site and activity calendar. Madison, WI is in the Kingdom of Northshield, Woodlands Region, Barony of Jararvellir

            Their fighter page is http://www.jararvellir.org/combat.php

            Sian,
            Kingdom of Atlantia
            ---- "sprucepath@..." <sprucepath@...> wrote:

            =============
            Madison wisconsin
            Sent from my LG phone

            Ian Green <ianthegreen01@...> wrote:

            >Which Madison?
            >
            >On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM, amina <sprucepath@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> When and where do you gather for practice here in madison....i hope to be
            >> able to meet everyone and join in the fun....ty
            >>

            >--
            >Yours In Service,
            >
            >Lord Ian the Green
            >
            >http://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/
            >
            >Ian's Flickr account <http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianthegreen/>

          • Chuck Burke
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
              Amina,

              It looks as those you reside in or near the Barony of Jaravellir, in the
              Kingdom of Northshield. The Barony's web site at
              http://www.jararvellir.org/ has information for newcomers such as yourself,
              and a schedule of regular activities and special events. I also see that
              on their Links page, they have a mailing list available for interested
              parties.

              Yours in Service,
              Dragos Pelikanos
              "Let there be music! Let there be dancing!"

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
                Wednesdays around 6pm. Both Heavy and rapier as well as Archery and
                sometimes thrown weapons.

                Sundays around 2pm I believe but check the websites you have been given
                already. Sundays always have archery and if folks have talked ahead of
                time will have rapier and/or heavy fighting as well, though less people
                attend the Sunday practice for heavy and rapier. Also thrown weapons is
                more likely to happen on Sundays than on Wednesdays.

                The Jararvellir (pronounced Yara VET lur) has one of the best arts martial
                practices in Northshield or did when I lived there 2.5 years ago.

                Practices happen at the University of Wisconsin's Stock Pavillion. Once
                you've been there, it is easy to get to. However your first time there, I
                suggest you use overhead map views. Going down University EAST there is a
                very easy exit to the right to get there. That exist isn't possible if you
                are headed WEST. WEST you turn left at the light and use some university
                campus roads.

                Always be careful of undergrads. They don't seem to pay much attention to
                cars. And the campus is full of bicyclists as well so keep an eye out for
                them.

                The Chatelaine for the Barony is really nice and can help you out as well.

                Ian the Green

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 5, 2012
                  Thank-you kind fellow...i will search at once.....
                  Sent from my LG phone