Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown)

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 28, 2012
      On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 13:34 -0700, Leah Clark wrote:
      > I am trully sorry about the link have changed password my account had
      > been hacked
      >

      > [[ MODERATOR redacted the spam link accidentally quoted from the
      > original ]]

      Apology accepted, M'Lady, and as I said you're the victim here and not
      being blamed. :)

      That being said, I will note that it's my standard policy to leave an
      account on moderated-posting status for a few days even after the
      password is changed, just to be on the safe side.

      One small tip, to anyone discussing a spam link posted to the list like
      this. Be careful not to quote the bad link in the reply to the list, for
      that just propagates it further. :)

      Having dealt with this particular mode of attack for almost two years
      now, on a dozen or more lists that I maintain, I believe that there is a
      special, very unpleasant, place on the deepest plane of the Abyss
      reserved for the people who perpetrate these account compromises.

      Kind regards,

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/