Rusty returning SCA member in Madison WI

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2012
      Greeting my lords and ladies,

      I am a returning and very rusty SCA member (Active 1990 to 1993) my family is new to the SCA and they are very interested in partaking in the society.

      I am looking for a meeting or gathering for my family and myself to meet the local group.

      Do you have any suggestions?

      Thank you.

      Randy bansley
      (Jean-Paul Beaton)
    • theanswerlady1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2012
        Bestwode shire (Shasta county) meeting 2nd thurs each month Dube's Deli in anderson 6 30 pm, fighter practice thursdays other at anderson river park gazebo. Sewing and foam weapons this sunday afternoon and event Mar 17 at the park gazebo. Hope to meet you soon and likely you will hear from others as well
        Tzipah
        A and S
        Bestwode Shire

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2012
          Greetings Jean-Paul,

          Madison, WI is the Barony of Jararvellir and is an awesome group. I spent
          about 14 months up there and my, now wife, spent about 5-6 years in the
          Barony.

          http://www.jararvellir.org/

          Fighter practice is going strong there, including Archery which has the
          Kingdom Archery Marshal in residence. Also an excellent fletcher group and
          siege weapons. The rapier practice is one of the best in the Kingdom and
          several Kings have come from the heavies in the local practice. It is
          Wednesday at the Stock Pavillion on the UW campus starting around 7pm.

          Here is the activity schedule including contact information:

          http://www.jararvellir.org/guilds.php

          Duke Raito and Duchess Aisa are the Baron and Baroness up there. Both are
          wonderful people.

          There was an active fiber arts group up there when I was in Barony.

          Enjoy the Barony and feel free to contact the

          --
          Yours In Service,

          Lord Ian the Green

        • Ian Green
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2012
            Sorry for the foreshortened message.

            Feel free to contact the group Chatelaine for more up to date information
            about the things in the SCA you particularly enjoy doing.

            Yours in Service,

            Ian the Green

            --
            Yours In Service,