RE: [SCA Newcomers] Terrible Trip......Laurie Taylor!!

  • Joe Jj
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 18, 2012
      This identical message showed up on 2 other lists I'm on, nonSCAdian craft lists, its scam spam. Mark it accordingly, DO NOT REPLY!!Lady Leonarda, Caid

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2012
        For what it may be worth, in terms of my moderated status, I've removed the
        hacked e-mail account from ALL of my Yahoo groups, and added a new one in
        its place. That's the address from which this e-mail is coming. I changed
        the password on the hacked e-mail, but do not really trust that to be an
        adequate response, so I am in the process of closing that e-mail
        permanently. Meanwhile though, it's not on my Yahoo groups anymore.

        Gelleia de Horslaporte

        Chatelaine, Barony of Twin Moons

        Kingdom of Atenveldt

        MKA Laurie Taylor

        Phoenix, AZ

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2012
          On Sun, 2012-02-19 at 14:55 -0700, Laurie Taylor wrote:
          > For what it may be worth, in terms of my moderated status, I've
          > removed the
          > hacked e-mail account from ALL of my Yahoo groups, and added a new one
          > in
          > its place. That's the address from which this e-mail is coming. I
          > changed
          > the password on the hacked e-mail, but do not really trust that to be
          > an
          > adequate response, so I am in the process of closing that e-mail
          > permanently. Meanwhile though, it's not on my Yahoo groups anymore.

          Thank you, My Lady; we appreciate your corrective actions.

          I should have mentioned in my note, and I apologize for not doing so,
          that the moderated-posting setting is intended only as a technical
          protection for the list. It is not in any way meant to be punitive
          against you, as we understand that you are a victim and not the culpable
          party. I wasn't meaning to punish you, just to protect the other list
          members from further posts by the attacker. Again, I'm sorry if you felt
          otherwise; I usually mention the non-punitive situation in my posts but
          forgot this time.

          Kind regards,

          fesswise reversed sable.

          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
        • Laurie Taylor
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 19, 2012
            And I did not take it as punishment either. Just wanted to let everyone
            know that I'm on top of the problem at my end, and am retiring that e-mail
            address as fast as possible. I'm not the first to get hit with this crap,
            and likely won't be the last.

            And while this is OT, it's important - don't just change your password.
            While they had access to my e-mail account, they added a forwarding e-mail,
            so that they were going to start getting all of my e-mails. Heaven knows
            what a disaster that could have been. For reasons unknown, besides changing
            the password, I was looking at my other settings. The odd forwarding
            address jumped right out at me. So if you get hacked, CHECK YOUR SETTINGS!

            Gelleia

            _____