Re: [SCA Newcomers] re: Saludos from Puerto Rico

  • SoftcombatGamesPR
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 25, 2011
      Hi,
      Puerto Rico is a US Non-Incorporated Territory governed by a Commonwealth goverment....a messy one at best. I have no idea if this has anything to do with the problem you just noticed Kyla.
      Att
      José

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Kyla" <skycat@...> wrote:

      > With that information, here is the Outlands website, with links for
      > officers - like chatelaine/hospitaler and seneschal - who should be able to
      > answer some of your questions and help you get started with your own group.
      >
      > http://www.outlands.org/
      > http://www.outlands.org/Default.aspx?tabid=71 hospitaler's page.
      >
      > I did notice that there is no way to 'find' Puerto Rico on the SCA website
      > 'locate your kingdom' section - it is not in with the states, nor is it in
      > with the other countries.
      > Perhaps this oversite can be corrected?
      > Does someone on this list know how to go about that?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Tabitha Pennywarden
      > Ravenslake, Midlands
      > Middle Kingdom

    • robert.huttinger
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 24, 2013

        This is an old post, but I will be moving to PR in a year. If nobody stops me I will claim these lands for Atlantia! JK. ok kinda not... Anyway, If there is a PR contingent there, I would love to meet you all and bring some state-side flavor to any active community there!

      • hippy_dippy_dancer
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 11, 2013
          I have family in pr and lived tthere myself many moon0 ago. As far as I know calaiming it for atlantia might just work if trimaris hasn't som how beeten us to it. How ever I would also point out that there are aircraft carriers that are registered as cantons in va and there is a large naval base in pR. It is possible some connections might be discovered that way

          From: <camerondegrey@...>
          Sender: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
          Date: 24 Nov 2013 19:00:52 -0800
          To: <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>