Here in Massachussetts

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
      Living in N. Chelmsford looking for local group to meet and talk about whats going on around here. m.n.a. Steve
    • Alison Choyce
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
        Greetings Steve!!

        Welcome to the Current Middle Ages! I am Alison Wodehalle, East Kingdom
        Chatelaine. The chatelaine is the person whose job it is to welcome and help
        newcomers. Massachussetts is within the borders of the East, so I should be
        able to help you find your local group.

        If you could email me off list, your zip code, I will get you in touch with
        your local group. chatelaine@...

        In the meantime, please feel free to look to at the information on the East
        Kingdom Chatelaine website for newcomers. There are couple articles about
        getting started in the SCA. Click the link at the top of the page for
        newcomers http://chatelaine.eastkingdom.org/

        I look forward to hearing from you!
        Alison

        --
        ~Alison

      • Kyla
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
          Greetings Steve, and welcome to SCA Newcomers.

          If you haven't already found it, here is the Society website:
          http://www.sca.org/
          There is lots of useful info for newcomers - look in the upper left corner
          for a box called, 'New to the SCA?'
          The bottom link in that box is 'Find your local group'
          That will help you to figure out what kingdom/barony/canton/shire you're in,
          and usually give you the email address of that group's chatelaine, or new
          person greeter.
          If there is no chatelaine, you will be directed to the group's seneschal, or
          president, who should be able to further answer your questions.

          Please feel free to check out the many other links on the Society website -
          there are lots of links to help you figure out how to get started with all
          sorts of things, including designing a persona and creating easy garb.
          And don't hesitate to ask for more help and advice here - we're very
          helpful!

          Also check out Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org
          There is tons of info there, as well.

          Let us know how things work out.

          Tabitha Pennywarden
          Ravenslake, Midlands (Waukegan, Illinois)
          Middle Kingdom (Midwest USA)

        • moonjack12000@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
            Thank you Tabitha. The local contact sent me message and will get me some more local contacts...I appreciate your response though.
            Dunecan

            Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

            Kyla <skycat@...> wrote:

            >Greetings Steve, and welcome to SCA Newcomers.
            >
            >If you haven't already found it, here is the Society website:
            >http://www.sca.org/
            >There is lots of useful info for newcomers - look in the upper left corner
            >for a box called, 'New to the SCA?'
            >The bottom link in that box is 'Find your local group'
            >That will help you to figure out what kingdom/barony/canton/shire you're in,
            >and usually give you the email address of that group's chatelaine, or new
            >person greeter.
            >If there is no chatelaine, you will be directed to the group's seneschal, or
            >president, who should be able to further answer your questions.
            >
            >Please feel free to check out the many other links on the Society website -
            >there are lots of links to help you figure out how to get started with all
            >sorts of things, including designing a persona and creating easy garb.
            >And don't hesitate to ask for more help and advice here - we're very
            >helpful!
            >
            >Also check out Stefan's Florilegium files at: http://www.florilegium.org
            >There is tons of info there, as well.
            >
            >Let us know how things work out.
            >
            >Tabitha Pennywarden
            >Ravenslake, Midlands (Waukegan, Illinois)
            >Middle Kingdom (Midwest USA)

          • ann baltrush
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
              Hi Steve, I live in Woburn, MA which is not to far from you.  I think you maybe in the same barony and canton as me.  I am in the Barony of Carolingia and belong to the Canton of the Towers.  Most Project meetings for the Canton of the Towers is held at Peter the Red's house usually the 2nd Sunday of the month.  Peter lives in Carlisle.  Aine Oliphant

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
                I have practiced archery with Peter it would be great to see him again...would love to join you all on the 11th then. Would need his actual address again. I remember a winding road of sorts.lol. thank you for your contact

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 30, 2011
                  If you go on the yahoo groups you can join the towers group and you will get updates on when and what they are doing for projects and you should be able to get his address to.  If you don't want to join go to the barony 's site and on the left hand side go down to links and you will see the one for towers, also I can find it for you if you like.

                  ________________________________
                  I have practiced archery with Peter it would be great to see him again...would love to join you all on the 11th then. Would need his actual address again. I remember a winding road of sorts.lol. thank you for your contact

                  Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                  ann baltrush <abaltrush@...> wrote:

                  >Hi Steve, I live in Woburn, MA which is not to far from you.  I think you maybe in the same barony and canton as me.  I am in the Barony of Carolingia and belong to the Canton of the Towers.  Most Project meetings for the Canton of the Towers is held at Peter the Red's house usually the 2nd Sunday of the month.  Peter lives in Carlisle.  Aine Oliphant

                • Steve Mooney
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 11, 2011
                    reached out to peter y phone but didn't get call back, wasn't sure if this Sunday was a meeting day or not.

                    anyway will probably take a drive to see, later Steve

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 11, 2011
                      As far as I know they were having family archery and a project  day today.  Aine