wkpercussion

  • Marl Stone
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2011
      For all of you who are interested in or supportive of the percussion /drum arts and / or the Percussionist Guild, we now have a Yahoogroups. Look for wkpercussion@yahoogroups.com and join up. This list is primarily for the West Kingdom, though anyone from any Kingdom may join. Any kind of percussion counts, including zils, symbols and other percussion instruments.

      Those of you who are new are welcome to join the Guild as long as you meet the below requirements. So you know, the West Kingdom encompasses the middle and northern parts of CA and NV, as well as AK and many of the Pacific Islands and many Asian Countries. You do not need to be from here to join.

      You must meet the following requirements to join the Guild:

      1. You must want to be a member of the Guild.
      2. You must have struck a percussion instrument of any sort at least once in your lifetime.

      Seamus
      Drum Major
    • j davis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2011
        seamus, those are pretty harsh requirements. you might want to loosen it up a bit.  just sayin'.   brother john of antiohe

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 13, 2011
          I don't think it's harsh so much as it's a shame that you created a drum group singling out JUST the west. I live in Philadelphia and I've been drumming for over 15 years and do gigs on a regular basis for several professional bellydancers. Your loss, I guess.