Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: STL SCA meeting

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
      On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:48 +0000, shandra_ wrote:
      > I am Calontiri.

      And I am jealous. I've seen several folks from Calontir use this really
      nifty term lately to identify themselves. It's both memorable and
      period-ish in sound. {sigh} Middle Kingdom just doesn't lend itself to
      such verbal fun. :-)

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
    • Stefan li Rous
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
        On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:48 +0000, shandra_ wrote:
        > I am Calontiri.

        And I am jealous. I've seen several folks from Calontir use this really
        nifty term lately to identify themselves. It's both memorable and
        period-ish in sound. {sigh} Middle Kingdom just doesn't lend itself to
        such verbal fun. :-)

        Justin
        ========

        You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
        doesn't work, does it.

        :-)

        I guess that is why we often see "Mid-Realm" and such.

        Stefan
      • christopher chastain
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
          dont feel bad stefan think of glenn ahban, what are they called?

          Yours in Humble Service,
          Pomestnik Dmitrii Ivanov

          The goal shouldnt be knighthood,laurel or pelican but an answer to the following question, am I better today than I was yesterday?

          ()====[]::::::::::::::::::>

          To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
          From: stefanlirous@...
          Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:48:45 -0500
          Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: STL SCA meeting

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 4, 2011
            On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 00:48 -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
            > You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
            > doesn't work, does it.

            "Middler" sounds like I should be a professional entertainer. :)

              From: justin@...
              Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:19:23 -0400
              Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: STL SCA meeting

                From: justin@...
                Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:19:23 -0400

                On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 00:48 -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
                > You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
                > doesn't work, does it.

                "Middler" sounds like I should be a professional entertainer. :)

                fesswise reversed sable.

                justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/

              • j davis
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                  my first thought when i read 'middler' was kewl! bette's here!
                  john of antioche