Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: STL SCA meeting

  • Tisha elf
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
      if the weather is nice you will find people in the back of the comunity  cetner fighting around 6. On the First Thuresday they have a meal that is served at 7 in the gym. I think most of the classes start around 6 and if i am right court is at 8. They are a really friendly bunch of people. Just walk up to anyone and tell them you are new and they will take you under your wing.

      Tisha

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
        On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:48 +0000, shandra_ wrote:
        > I am Calontiri.

        And I am jealous. I've seen several folks from Calontir use this really
        nifty term lately to identify themselves. It's both memorable and
        period-ish in sound. {sigh} Middle Kingdom just doesn't lend itself to
        such verbal fun. :-)

        fesswise reversed sable.

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      • Stefan li Rous
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
          On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:48 +0000, shandra_ wrote:
          > I am Calontiri.

          And I am jealous. I've seen several folks from Calontir use this really
          nifty term lately to identify themselves. It's both memorable and
          period-ish in sound. {sigh} Middle Kingdom just doesn't lend itself to
          such verbal fun. :-)

          Justin
          ========

          You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
          doesn't work, does it.

          :-)

          I guess that is why we often see "Mid-Realm" and such.

          Stefan
        • christopher chastain
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
            dont feel bad stefan think of glenn ahban, what are they called?

            Yours in Humble Service,
            Pomestnik Dmitrii Ivanov

            The goal shouldnt be knighthood,laurel or pelican but an answer to the following question, am I better today than I was yesterday?

            ()====[]::::::::::::::::::>

            To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
            From: stefanlirous@...
            Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:48:45 -0500

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 4, 2011
              On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 00:48 -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
              > You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
              > doesn't work, does it.

              "Middler" sounds like I should be a professional entertainer. :)

                From: justin@...
                Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:19:23 -0400
                Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: STL SCA meeting

                  From: justin@...
                  Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:19:23 -0400

                  On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 00:48 -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
                  > You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
                  > doesn't work, does it.

                  "Middler" sounds like I should be a professional entertainer. :)

                  fesswise reversed sable.

                  justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/

                • j davis
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                    my first thought when i read 'middler' was kewl! bette's here!
                    john of antioche