Re: [SCA Newcomers] STL SCA meeting

  • Daniel Brizendine
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
      check out Barony of Three Rivers but the meeting starts at 7 and there are
      restaurants near and lots of people go out afterwards.

      Zsigmund

      --
      *Szapolyai Zsigmund
      Kingdom of Calontir

      *

    • Nicole E. Miller
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
        Unless someone from that group happens to be on the SCANewcomers list(its a society wide group), the only way to get the correct answer is to contact the officers of the specific group in question.

        Sian
        Atlantia
        ---- wren378 <wren378@...> wrote:

        =============
        Just had a couple questions about the local St. Louis SCA group. When does the meeting start on Thursday? In one spot it says 6 and another say 7. Also are there any restaurants around the community center?
      • shandra_
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
          While I'm not part of the Barony of Three Rivers (known around Calontir as B3R), I am Calontiri.

          If you can't get any on the list for some reason, try emailing their Chatelaine (newcomer contact person), Ailith, at chatelaine@... (She's a really cool person with LOTS of info). If you do plan to attend the meeting on Thurs, you may want to email her to give her a heads up, so she's expecting you!

          Hope to see you at a Calontir Event soon!

          ~Shandra
          Calontir

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "wren378" <wren378@...> wrote:

          > Just had a couple questions about the local St. Louis SCA group. When does the meeting start on Thursday? In one spot it says 6 and another say 7. Also are there any restaurants around the community center?

        • Ian the Green
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
            Here is their website:

            http://www.threeriver.org/

            Here is their officer's list:

            http://www.threeriver.org/officers.php

            I would recommend asking one of them for the correct time as they would be
            most likely to know.

            The Newcomer's Greeter is called a Chatelaine. Their Chatelaine is:

            *Chatelaine: *Ailith Bystoune
            *email: *chatelaine@...
            *non SCA name:* Maia Elkana

            If that doesn't work you could probably contact their group President called
            a Seneschal:

            *Seneschal: *Aldred Lyccidfelth
            *email:*seneschal@...
            *telephone: *314-324-1112
            *non SCA name: *Paul Bender

            If for some reason those don't work, I would recommend getting a hold of
            their Baron and Baroness

            *Baron:* His Excellency Ravasz Janos
            *non SCA name: *Jeff Lewis
            *email:*baron@...
            *Baroness* Her Excellency Kajsa Nikulasdotter
            *non SCA name: *Susan Nicholson
            *email:*baroness@...
            *
            *

            I hope this is useful.

            Ian the Green

            On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:35 AM, wren378 <wren378@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Just had a couple questions about the local St. Louis SCA group. When does
            > the meeting start on Thursday? In one spot it says 6 and another say 7. Also
            > are there any restaurants around the community center?

            --
            Yours In Service,

            Lord Ian the Green, APF, CCK, AoA, APFy (Thieves of Hearts), ADF (Thieves of
            Hearts), Captain in the Thieves of Hearts

          • Tisha elf
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 1, 2011
              if the weather is nice you will find people in the back of the comunity  cetner fighting around 6. On the First Thuresday they have a meal that is served at 7 in the gym. I think most of the classes start around 6 and if i am right court is at 8. They are a really friendly bunch of people. Just walk up to anyone and tell them you are new and they will take you under your wing.

              Tisha

              ________________________________
              While I'm not part of the Barony of Three Rivers (known around Calontir as B3R), I am Calontiri.

              If you can't get any on the list for some reason, try emailing their Chatelaine (newcomer contact person), Ailith, at chatelaine@... (She's a really cool person with LOTS of info). If you do plan to attend the meeting on Thurs, you may want to email her to give her a heads up, so she's expecting you!

              Hope to see you at a Calontir Event soon!

              ~Shandra
              Calontir

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "wren378" <wren378@...> wrote:

              > Just had a couple questions about the local St. Louis SCA group. When does the meeting start on Thursday? In one spot it says 6 and another say 7. Also are there any restaurants around the community center?

            • Justinos Tekton called Justin
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2, 2011
                On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:48 +0000, shandra_ wrote:
                > I am Calontiri.

                And I am jealous. I've seen several folks from Calontir use this really
                nifty term lately to identify themselves. It's both memorable and
                period-ish in sound. {sigh} Middle Kingdom just doesn't lend itself to
                such verbal fun. :-)

                fesswise reversed sable.

                justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
              • Stefan li Rous
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
                  On Mon, 2011-08-01 at 14:48 +0000, shandra_ wrote:
                  > I am Calontiri.

                  And I am jealous. I've seen several folks from Calontir use this really
                  nifty term lately to identify themselves. It's both memorable and
                  period-ish in sound. {sigh} Middle Kingdom just doesn't lend itself to
                  such verbal fun. :-)

                  Justin
                  ========

                  You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
                  doesn't work, does it.

                  :-)

                  I guess that is why we often see "Mid-Realm" and such.

                  Stefan
                • christopher chastain
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2011
                    dont feel bad stefan think of glenn ahban, what are they called?

                    Yours in Humble Service,
                    Pomestnik Dmitrii Ivanov

                    The goal shouldnt be knighthood,laurel or pelican but an answer to the following question, am I better today than I was yesterday?

                    ()====[]::::::::::::::::::>

                    To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
                    From: stefanlirous@...
                    Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:48:45 -0500

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 4, 2011
                      On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 00:48 -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
                      > You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
                      > doesn't work, does it.

                      "Middler" sounds like I should be a professional entertainer. :)

                        From: justin@...
                        Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:19:23 -0400
                        Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: STL SCA meeting

                          From: justin@...
                          Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:19:23 -0400

                          On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 00:48 -0500, Stefan li Rous wrote:
                          > You mean you don't wish to considered (a) Middling? Middler? No, just
                          > doesn't work, does it.

                          "Middler" sounds like I should be a professional entertainer. :)

                          fesswise reversed sable.

                          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/

                        • j davis
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 6, 2011
                            my first thought when i read 'middler' was kewl! bette's here!
                            john of antioche