Re: [SCA Newcomers] MODERATOR NOTICE

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2011
      On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 18:59 -0700, veann snyder wrote:
      > http:// ----- REDACTED FOR SAFETY --------

      The message with the Russian subject line, just sent by the above
      member, is a spam link probably caused by a "phished" Yahoo mail
      account. DO NOT CLICK.

      This person has been a member in good standing since 2007. I am assuming
      that this is a case of a compromised email account, not a spammer
      subscribing to the list. Accordingly, I have not banned the member but
      rather have placed their account on "moderated posting status" to
      protect the list.

      If you are the owner of that account, this is a protective action for
      the list's other members, and is not intended punitively. Please contact
      me off-list when you have worked with Yahoo tech support to clean the
      account, and I will re-enable your posting. In the meantime, you are
      still welcome to post; it will simply require moderator approval.

      MODERATORS: Please feel free to approve non-spam posts from this person,
      but DO NOT change their posting status until we know the account is
      cleared.

      EVERYONE: I'm not going to repeat my long explanatory text, because
      you're all sick of reading it by now, but please take this as a warning
      to be careful that you don't type your passwords into fake login pages.
      Phishing attacks are 100% preventable by education and careful surfing
      habits. Don't be the next victim.

      Kind regards,

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/