Re: [SCA Newcomers] re: New Member with B3R

  • Ian the Green
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 22, 2011
      I'm sure you know your State better than I do.

      You live in the Kingdom of Calontir.

      Here is their listing of groups in Missouri.

      http://seneschal.calontir.org/groups.php#missouri

      However, as you live close to the borders of Illinois and Kentucky I might
      suggest you look up groups in those States. They belong to the Kingdom
      called The Middle Kingdom

      The group called the Shire of Far Reaches is now officially defunct and
      would have been the closest in Illinois. Now Shattered Crystal might be
      able to let you know about folks close you in Illinois. The Barony of
      Shattered Crystal is:

      http://www.shatteredcrystal.org/scofficers.htm

      I wish you the best of luck.

      Ian

      On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Tisha elf <lady_tisha_elf@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Well i am really into genealogy and just found out that one branch in the
      > family has a monk who lived in 1130. I also traced another branch of the
      > family back to the isle of Arran in Scotland in 1645, not quite period but
      > close. I have been playing around making garb, 3 t-tunics, a viking apron
      > dress and a couple of others. I am also interested in food, and other , what
      > i call lady like presuits. I feel like i live in the wrong age, althought i
      > dont think i really want to go back and live in the middle ages, but i enjoy
      > playing at it. I am looking into names, i would like to use Abbatissa which
      > means they could still call me tissa and i would remember to answer to it
      > better. (tisha is a nick name not my real name). A friend in one of my FB
      > game got me started in SCA. She gave me the link and i went to a meeting.
      > and she told me the people in SCA are really great people and from what i
      > have see they are. they have all be great to me. My only regret is
      > that i have to travel 2 hours to go to meeting or events. I live in
      > CapeGirardeau, Mo and i have yet to find any group in southeast missouri.
      >

      > Tisha

      Yours In Service,

      Lord Ian the Green, APF, CCK, AoA, APFy (Thieves of Hearts), ADF (Thieves of
      Hearts), Captain in the Thieves of Hearts