Re: [SCA Newcomers] re: Households?

  • Franchesca Bush
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14, 2011
      I am new, so am not part of a household, though I associate with people from
      a household. I was given a piece of advice before I formally joined the SCA
      and that was to avoid joining a household right away. As I am understanding
      the political nature of the SCA and various households, I can appreciate
      it. Part of of the advice I was given is to find out the expecations of the
      household. From stories I've heard, sometimes the expectations of the
      household towards a new person is too high of a price compared with what
      they offer you. With that in mind, I would really make sure that I felt
      what I got from being attached to a household meet my needs without asking
      more from me in return than what felt fair.

      Franchesca