bee keeping

  • Lori Widener
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2011
      Does anyone know someone whose persona includes bee keeping?  I have a newcomer
      who is intested in it.  I gave her the articles from the Florilegium.  I think
      she is working on a 13th century English persona.  Thank you for the assistance.

      YIS,

      Lettice Boniface
      (Lori)

    • Dave Roland
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2011
        I know a Lord in the Chicago, IL area that does beekeeping. And could contact him for you.

        I will note that your newcomer could probably more easily get in contact with a beekeeping organization and find out the local beekeepers in the area. They often tie in to larger national organizations and it is my (albeit small) experience that they are very good at their own history.

        Ian the Green.

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Lori Widener <loriwidener@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know someone whose persona includes bee keeping?  I have a newcomer
        > who is intested in it.  I gave her the articles from the Florilegium.  I think
        > she is working on a 13th century English persona.  Thank you for the assistance.
        >
        > YIS,
        >
        > Lettice Boniface
        > (Lori)

      • Bambi TBNL
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 15, 2011
          years ago there was a Susanna Grey who lived in the marinus barony of Atlanaia.
          I have not run into her for years but I know she had bees and would make all
          sorts of lovelythings from the products.

          Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL

          I am made for great things by GOD
          and walk with Pride!!!!
          Walladah bint al Mustakfi c 1100ad
          see me dance
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMtOoXtMs0

          ________________________________
          Does anyone know someone whose persona includes bee keeping? I have a newcomer
          who is intested in it. I gave her the articles from the Florilegium. I think
          she is working on a 13th century English persona. Thank you for the assistance.

          YIS,

          Lettice Boniface
          (Lori)

        • Justinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 15, 2011
            On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 06:07 -0700, Lori Widener wrote:
            > Does anyone know someone whose persona includes bee keeping? I have a
            > newcomer
            > who is intested in it. I gave her the articles from the Florilegium.
            > I think
            > she is working on a 13th century English persona. Thank you for the
            > assistance.

            Hi, I'm Justin from the Middle Kingdom, northeastern Ohio modernly.

            Not only am *I* a beekeeper in the SCA, but we have an entire group of
            us in our shire. There's also a very active beekeeping community that
            meets at Pennsic each year at a "Beekeepers' Soiree'" organized by a
            member of my household.

            You're welcome to give my email address to your acquaintance so she can
            contact me off-list.

            She should also check out this Yahoo group:

            Kind regards,

            fesswise reversed sable.

            justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 15, 2011
              I also know someone in New York who is in the SCA and mundanely a beekeeper. Where is your newcomer located.

              I know a Lord in the Chicago, IL area that does beekeeping. And could contact him for you.

              I will note that your newcomer could probably more easily get in contact with a beekeeping organization and find out the local beekeepers in the area. They often tie in to larger national organizations and it is my (albeit small) experience that they are very good at their own history.

              Ian the Green.

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Lori Widener <loriwidener@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone know someone whose persona includes bee keeping? I have a newcomer
              > who is intested in it. I gave her the articles from the Florilegium. I think
              > she is working on a 13th century English persona. Thank you for the assistance.
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Lettice Boniface
              > (Lori)

            • hill billy
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 16, 2011
                You could contact the Barony of Eldern Hills and ask them. There used to be a
                family that did it.