If you are interested in Archery

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
      Found this site while I was researching. The prices are great and the shipping was fast. Customer service was excellent. I haven't got a chance to put the bow I bought into service yet, but it looks great. They have a wide variety and I haven't found anything close to beat the prices for a custom tillered,hand made bow. Looks great for someone just beginning like myself!
      Faithfully
      Arngrimr Thorvaldson

      http://www.woodbows.com/rhunt.html
    • Regi
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 13, 2011
        Thanks for posting!

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <chris_brock00@...> wrote:

        > Found this site while I was researching. The prices are great and the shipping was fast. Customer service was excellent. I haven't got a chance to put the bow I bought into service yet, but it looks great. They have a wide variety and I haven't found anything close to beat the prices for a custom tillered,hand made bow. Looks great for someone just beginning like myself!
        > Faithfully
        > Arngrimr Thorvaldson
        >
        > http://www.woodbows.com/rhunt.html

      • Teh Sparky
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2011
          I have a bow from that website. It shoots wonderfully, but I thought everyone should know that when you buy the bow, I would go ahead and order a new string from somewhere else, as the strings that come with the bows have a tendency to come untied. I've found bowstrings on ebay for under ten dollars, that can be made to order in a variety of colors.

          Yours in Service
          -Wilhelm

          -------
          I am a creature of habit. My habit is, ironically, to change.

        • Gavin Kinkade
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2011
            bow strings that come untied are typically a result of not enough wax on the string/fibers.
            However some are just made wrong or improperly. Not having seen them in action I cannot tell you why it came untied.

            A spare string is always a good idea anyway. 3 Rivers Archery makes good string, as do some local scadians. You can also try NorthStar Archery, I have both bow strings and crossbow strings from them and they are top-notch. You can find the websites via  Google.

            Lord Gavin Kyncade

            Marcaster Archery and Thrown weapons Ranger
            Squire to Sir Takamatsu
            Apprentice to Maitresse Aspasia Moonwind
            Cadet to Don Tomas Mac Coran
            gavin.kinkade@...
            727-320-5490

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2011
              Hail!
               I asked the bowyer about a spare string and he was honest and said the string
              would need replacing and to look for another or he could provide one. His price
              was a little steeper than the flemish tied bowstrings on ebay. I also bought
              some good starter arrows from a vendor on ebay. Waiting to shoot them before I
              recommend the string or arrow merchant.
              Arngrimr Thorvaldson

              “Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot
              complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges
              cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.” Carlos
              Castaneda