feast gear

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2011
      > --- In scanewcomers@y..., "yukemiha654" <yukemiha654@y...> wrote:
      >> Hello everyone. I'm new to the sca and I have a lot of questions
      > and
      >> am having difficulty finding any info or any help from anyone for
      >> that matter. I have yet to come up with a persona nor do I have a
      >> name. Any ideas on where to look for interesting time periods or
      >> names?

      Perhaps this is an older message, or perhaps I just missed it
      previously.

      Check out this file in the PERSONA section of the Florilegium for some
      little used persona ideas.
      Som-Per-Ideas-art (16K) 12/31/02 "Some Persona Ideas" by HL Elaine de
      Montgris (known as 'Lainie).
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Som-Per-Ideas-art.html

      Also look at the other files on personas in that section. For some
      information on different time periods or cultures, take a look at the
      files in the CULTURES section.

      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/idxcultures.html

      >> Also, I have some feast gear, but it is silver.... is that ok?
      >> Or should I continue my search for renaisance things.

      For an upper class noble in mid-to late period, certainly. However,
      for almost all countries, the dinner fork was almost unknown.

      For some suggestions on feastgear from an SCA and period standpoint,
      see this file in the FEASTS section:
      feastgear-msg (44K) 3/24/08 Obtaining feastgear for use in the SCA.
      cleaning wooden feastgear.

      http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/feastgear-msg.html
      For information on forks and spoons and plates and such in period, see
      the files in the FOOD-UTENSILS section:
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/idxutensils.html

      For some info on making things like horn spoons, see some of the files
      in the CRAFTS section such as:
      Horn-Spoons-art (9K) 1/ 5/00 "Making Horn Spoons" by Mistress Gunnora
      Hallakarva.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/Horn-Spoons-art.html

      These would very appropriate for Viking Age persona, Norse or
      otherwise. As would wood.

      For things like horn, wood, bone utensils I would strongly recommend
      reading the files in the FOOD-UTENSILS section before washing them,
      and definitely before sticking such utensils in the dishwasher!
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/idxutensils.html

      Stefan
      Who has gradually built up over the years a complete set of "pewter"
      utensils, because pottery has a rather short lifetime with me!
      --------