[MODERATOR] Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re:2

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 10:15 -0400, laxbaron@... wrote:
      > http://caribb [[[[ REDACTED FOR SAFETY ]]]]

      This person's email account has been phished or cracked. Please DO NOT
      click the link they posted. (I have "nerfed" it above to make it
      non-functional.)

      I have placed this member on "moderated posting" status until we are
      sure the problem is cleaned up. OTHER MODERATORS: Please do not clear
      the moderation flag on that account; I'll monitor until the situation is
      resolved.

      To the owner of the account: As a starting point, you need to change
      your AOL password, and the password on any other services you use where
      your login name and password are the same as for AOL. The attackers will
      also try your same login credentials on other sites.

      To all: The phishing attack that is causing this rash of spam emails is
      not controllable by the server administrators, but it is 100%
      preventable by you, through education. Do NOT click links, even from
      someone you know, unless there is a clear explanation of what the link
      is for. The weakness of these attackers is that their 'bots have no way
      to "fake" knowledge that only the actual email account owner would know.

      If you are posting a legitimate link to this or other lists, help others
      know it's legit by providing a significant explanation, rather than just
      a short phrase, to describe it.

      Kind regards,

      Justin
      Moderator