Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: medieval shoes for SCA combat

  • Chris Brock
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2011
      Hail and well met! By "Jorvik style" I'm just using that to help visualize. I
      have come up with a stirrup-ed spat looking device which will go over my modern
      hiking boots. The main body of the spat resembles a two toggle turn shoe. I am
      away from home at the moment and don't have access to leather and tools, so I
      improvised with a towel and para-cord as a model.
      I actually have been assiduously going through the archives of theFlorilegium (I
      have immense free time at the moment). The messages at times are hard to follow
      and I have come to taking notes to look up later, but the articles are great.
      Again many thanks!
      Arngrimr

      “Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot
      complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges
      cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.” Carlos
      Castaneda