Re: Multiple questions to list (was: Children)

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 19, 2011
      On Thu, 2011-04-14 at 08:10 -0700, Lori Widener wrote:
      > I wouldn't worry about that. This list is often all too quiet, with
      > nothing
      > being discussed. If you are concerned about monopolizing the list,
      > then you
      > could pick a couple of people here who answer a lot of questions and
      > ask them by
      > email. My email is given below. However, it is my experience in a lot
      > of classes
      > and on a lot of forums, that many people have questions but won't
      > speak up, so
      > seeing the question and the answer in public can help everyone.

      Speaking as Moderator, I concur with this posting and would encourage
      you to keep asking on-topic questions on the list. It is very common for
      people to "lurk" this list just to learn from listening to questions and
      answers by others -- we have way more members than people who actually
      post to the list.

      If you feel a discussion is becoming personal rather than of public
      interest, or if you want to stray off-topic in a social chat, I would
      encourage you to use your own sense of "netiquette" to decide when to
      take the discussion off-list. But for now, please feel free to continue
      asking questions. That is, after all, the purpose of this list. :-)

      I do request that folks please remember to change the subject line when
      the discussion turns to a new topic, because that makes it easier for
      others to skim the archives for relevant information. :-)

      Warm regards,

      Justin
      List Moderator

      fesswise reversed sable.