Being an officer

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2011
      Bambi (TBNL) said:
      <<< Ive been his year marks my 2e year in the society and i even mnaged to avoid being an officer my self till last year...chuckle. So sad, a perfect record ruined. Smiile >>>

      I know that she was joking, but just in case there are new folks here who have considered helping out as a local officer or for those of you who are still thinking "no way!", let me say that there are lots of SCA offices which don't require special knowledge and/or many areas have past or current officers who are willing to help you along.

      The SCA runs on volunteer labor and without it, nothing happens. So if you are enjoying being in the SCA and want to give something back, consider being a local officer.

      Here are some files in the Florilegium which talk about being an officer or holding a specific type of office.

      Bng-an-Officer-art (7K) 7/26/02 "On Being an SCA Officer" by HL Annes Clotilde von Bamburg.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/Bng-an-Officer-art.html

      2b-Chirurgeon-art (18K) 6/30/02 "So you want to be a Chirurgeon" by Philippa Ferraria.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/2b-Chirurgeon-art.html

      Grup-Historan-art (18K) 7/15/06 "How to be Your
 Group's Historian

" by Mesterinde Annes Clotilde von Bamburg
.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-INC/Grup-Historan-art.html

      Bambi, now about that To Be Named Later, at least I'm assuming that's what that means... Do you mean to tell us you've been around, how long? and someone has yet to give you a name?

      A reminder to new folks, I recommend you work on finding a persona name or someone is likely to create one that you may or may not like. Ask John the Plain (just plain John) or Eve the Just (I'm just Eve).

      Stefan

      --------