Rivenoak's Fool's / Newcomer's Tourney

  • marlztone
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2011
      Rivenoak's Fool's / Newcomer's Tourney

      April 3rd, 2011

      Barony of Rivenoak (Chico, CA)

      The Barony of Rivenoak wishes to invite all to join us for a day full of fun and adventure in our majestic Bidwell Park. The King and Queen of Misrule will be divined through Rivenoak's arcane art of Divination by Cupcake. The King and Queen of Misrule will then be properly Invested as is their due and the revelry will commence. The rough and tough will be challenged to display their most atrocious and brutish behavior to all while they prove that they have what it takes to be conscripted into the Baronial Brute Squad. We will have a Heavy and Rapier Tournament, Bardic and Heraldic Competitions, games, challenges, silliness, fun and foolishness. For our Newcomers, our Newcomer's Scavenger Hunt will take place as well as our Oldcomer's Scavenger Hunt. This is Rivenoak's Newcomer's event.

      We look forward to having LOTS of Newcomers, in a high-profile area of our lovely Park. So, break out your weapons and armor (heavy or rapier), bring your Arts and Crafts and join our Barony in a day of revelry while we welcome our community and represent to them the greatness of our Society.

      Site Information: 1 Mile Recreation Area in Bidwell Park, 300 South Park Drive, Chico, CA 95926. Park opens at 9am and closes at 9pm. Event begins at 10am and ends at 6pm.

      Site Fee: FREE!!

      We will be at the reserved Picnic area between the Baseball Field and the location where Rivenoak holds its Sunday Fighter Practice.

      No Glass Beverage Containers (bottles, glasses, goblets, etc) are allowed in the Park. Glass containers for Display are ok.

      Dogs are welcome but must be on leashes and the owner is responsible for cleaning up after their pets.

      The Park Road is a 1-Way Road.

      Contact the Autocrat for any clarifications or questions.

      Autocrat: Seamus of Rivenoak (James Smith), 973 Cyndi Cir., Chico, CA 95973, (530) 591-5494 (Call anytime, day or night), marlztone@...

      Directions: From Hwy 99, take the 8th St., Hwy 32 exit and head West (towards Downtown Chico). Take a Right onto Cypress St., which is the 1st Light that isn't near the Freeway. At the Stop sign, turn into the Park (Half Right, into the Gates), you'll see us before the Baseball Field.
    • Marl Stone
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2011
        Please know that this event is on Sunday April 3rd and NOT on April 9th as is
        shown in the March Page.

        This will be a really fun event with all sorts of games and activities. It was
        a very successful event last year and there is now more things for everyone to
        do (or not do, if you prefer to just relax). The Park that we're having the
        event is one of the most visible locations in Chico, so I expect to have a lot
        of Newcomers coming in to check things out. The grander the event, the greater
        the impact we'll have for our potential newbies.

        If you would like to teach, or assist the event in any way, please contact me
        directly at the contact information in the main post. Also, remember that this
        event is on a Sunday, so that means that YOU can come out and show everyone how
        cool the SCA really is.

        Anyone who's attended this event in the past, please post and let everyone know
        just how neat this event really is!! Please cross-post this information (this
        and the first message) to any SCA or other appropriate lists that you are on.

        If you would like accommodations, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.
        I do have room at my place, but you'll need to bring blankets, pillows, padding,
        and anything else you might need.

        Seamus
      • Marl Stone
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2011
          Rivenoak is a Barony within the West Kingdom. In the real world, this is in Chico, CA. Anyone nearby should come up and join us in a fantastic time.

          There will be many who are coming up from Northern and Central CA.

          Seamus