re: Kingdom/Barony pennants?

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11 11:27 AM
      <<< At events does the SCA have a practice of flying pennents (glags, banners, etc), and with or without devices on them, and what would they look like?

      Dave H >>>

      Argh. I keep reading that as "Kingdom/Barony *pea nuts*!

      Uh hum. Okay, as others have mentioned it is common in the SCA to fly group or individual banners or to display personal coats-of-arms/devices in other ways.

      Perhaps some of these files in the HERALDRY section of the Florilegium might be of interest:

      arms-humor-msg (30K) 2/14/01 Humorous SCA armory.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/arms-humor-msg.html

      banners-msg (46K) 11/ 2/98 Flags and banners. Period and SCA construction.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/banners-msg.html

      flags-art (15K) 7/12/94 Article on flags and banners in the SCA.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/HERALDRY/flags-art.html

      I also have been given a very nice article on making silk banners that I've been slow to get online. If there is interest, I could move that one higher in the priority list and get it online.

      Stefan

      --------