Re: [SCA Newcomers] Can anyone compare Pennsic with Atenveldt's Estrella War?

  • Grainne ingen Lugdach
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2011
      Just to add to the previous posts...

      Pennsic tends to draw at least 10,000 people over the two-week period. It's BIG.

      What do you like to do? There's probably some--okay, a lot--of it at Pennsic. I enjoy taking classes. I took 35 at Pennsic last year. And I didn't take all of the classes that interested me! I also like shopping. It's the best in the Known World.

      People travel from all over to Pennsic. I talked with some very nice ladies from Australia last year. Not Australians who live in the US, mind you...Australians who travel from Australia to Pennsic. :-) It's a great place to actually meet cyber-friends face-to-face.

      The advice to search for "Pennsic" at YouTube is good. Same goes for Flickr; you'll find tons of photos. The official Pennsic site, www.pennsicwar.org has maps of the site and lots of information. Pennsic.net (www.pennsic.net) has some outdated information, but gives a decent overview.

      Happy searching!

      Yours in service,
      Grainne ingen Lugdach
      Shire of Roxbury Mill, Altantia