Re: How big of a vehicle...

  • invertedarcher
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 7, 2011
      That depends on how comfortable you want to be.
      The first war I went to was a Southern Crusades (here in AZ) in November. I hadn't EVER been camping, and the person who invited me told me it would be "freezing". I apparently didn't fully comprehend what he meant, because I showed up with a pup tent, a twin air bed, and 2 blankets. At night it was 27F!! I was sleeping on the airbed which was directly on the ground, and I froze my tuckus off. Ended up sleeping in my CAR it was so cold. In the 2 years since then I have gotten smart and comfy. I now have a 9x16" tent, a propane tent heater, a canopy, 8 foot tables, a 0 degree F sleeping bag, about 8 quilts, rugs for the floor of the tent, a tent toilet so I don't have to use the Privy's at night, and camp stove/cooking stuff. I went from stuffing it all in the back of my Ford Escape to loading my 4x8 trailer to come to events!
      And I don't bring much! LOL
      It's not the size of your vehicle.... it's the size of your TRAILER :)
      To pull level 2 (up to 3000#) you need at least a Ford Escape.