Re: [SCA Newcomers] re: Feast gear question

  • Bambi TBNL
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2011
      YOu might also try looking at art from the period you are considering. Many times a "banquet  " scene is implied by painting dishes and food into the background if not near the subject. I actually have found things in thrift shops that I would have never noticed it I hadnt seen something similar in a painting somewhere...sure they are usually cheap decorator items...not even suitable for being near food but then I could carry them around with me to help me find the right piece or even better consult with an SCA artisan to help  maufacture what is appropriate for you.
      That being said, honey in the beginning I just purchased wooden plate , bowls and goblets as I could get from the thriftshops and stuff to tide me over till the right thing came along.
      And actually, going to feasts with that got me a lot of helpful suggestions as to where I could find what I was looking for. Oh, and in the mean time, some nice SCA folk helped me work them out by wood burning my badge into them .
      Bambi (To be named ater) TBNL

      I am made for great things by GOD

      and walk with Pride!!!!

      Walladah bint al Mustakfi c 1100ad