Thank you for the feast gear info & I think we are getting the other tent...

  • Maryelizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2011
      After reading the few comments it seems that all I need for now is to get bowls, keep my oval plates and then get more mugs since the boys have outgrown their tiny ones. At the last event we attended, they used the small ones and I used a hand-made mug that I woried about the whole weekend, afraid it would get broken. (My metal one I loaned out to my husband's friend who was with us.)

      As for the tents, I have been keeping space allotments in mind and the tent that we are going to get is a small a-frame tent for my youngest son. The seller also told me he had a Sometimes it really pays off to live in an area where Civil War reenactment is popular.

      I think we are well on our way and hopefully we will be able to get to work on the camp furniture once tax time rolls around.

      I also have a box of free fabric that I will be pickin up on Monday, which is a huge help for getting the garb together.

      We are new, but my husband and I want to blend in and also have a period look as much as possible to add to the atmosphere when we attend events.

      Thanks again!

      Maryelizabeth/Apollonia
    • Kathy Fletcher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2011
        Well Happy SCAing then!!!!!!  I'm a newbie too and just love it!!!!
        Kathy