Re: [SCA Newcomers] How many tents is too many when you are at an event?

  • Theanswerlady1
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      Happy New Year Appolonia!
      What kingdom are you a part of? We are in the West and have been getting more and more involved over the past year. Remember that your tent (or tents) has to house your armor and weapons as well as people, pets and household goods.

      Tzipah and Ravn, Clannah Drakonis
      Bestwode Shire, Kingdom of the West

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
        Something else to keep in mind,tho. Some events and sites limit the square footage you can occupy.

        Dragos

        Theanswerlady1 <theanswerlady1@...> wrote:

        >Happy New Year Appolonia!
        >What kingdom are you a part of? We are in the West and have been getting more and more involved over the past year. Remember that your tent (or tents) has to house your armor and weapons as well as people, pets and household goods.
        >
        >Tzipah and Ravn, Clannah Drakonis
        >Bestwode Shire, Kingdom of the West

      • Bill Toscano
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
          For me, that's a lot like, "How much beer do we need?"

          There is no upper limit. ;)

          Seriously, except for rare events like Pennsic and maybe Estrella and Gulf
          Wars, there is really no limit on how many tents you can have. You are only
          limited -- as I am with the beer -- by how much you can carry in your
          vehicle.

          Liam The Elder

        • Susan B. Farmer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
            On 1/1/2011 3:37 PM, Chuck Burke wrote:
            > Something else to keep in mind,tho. Some events and sites limit the square footage you can occupy.

            I know that Gulf War does that, but each person attending has so many
            square feet. As long as all the tents fit within the alloted footage,
            there's no limit on the number of tents you can have.

            jerusha
            --
            Susan Farmer
            sfarmer@...