Re: [SCA Newcomers] My blog....(pictures of our tents and garb, etc.)

  • Susan B. Farmer
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
      On 11/14/2010 8:50 PM, Laurie Taylor wrote:
      > Hi,
      >

      > I'm going to take a look at your pictures, but just wanted to ask a question
      > first. I can't read the blue text against the brown background. Am I the
      > only one having that problem?

      I can't read it either. I'm using Firefox if that makes any difference.

      jerusha
      --
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
        It might be the template I have on there. it is layered and I noticed earlier, after seeing your posts that this was happening to me as well. I am going to change the background and hope for the best.

        Maryelizabeth Hancock

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
          The background has been changed and should work fine now, if anyone would care to look.

          Maryelizabeth Hancock

          It might be the template I have on there. it is layered and I noticed earlier, after seeing your posts that this was happening to me as well. I am going to change the background and hope for the best.

          Maryelizabeth Hancock

          I'm going to take a look at your pictures, but just wanted to ask a
          question
          first. I can't read the blue text against the brown background. Am I the
          only one having that problem?

          Gelleia de Horslaporte

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
            Now I can't see anything when I go to your blog! I can see it using
            Google Reader to subscribe, however, so I think it's still a layer
            problem.

            The new tent is awesome and the garb you made looks great too!
            --
            Phoebe, mother of a half-dozen
            http://feebeeglee.blogspot.com

            "In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things
            with great love."
            -Mother Teresa

            On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Maryelizabeth Hancock
            <peterbenma@...> wrote:

            > The background has been changed and should work fine now, if anyone would care to look.
            >
            > Maryelizabeth Hancock

          • Jennifer Van Gorkom
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 15, 2010
              A hint for web sites that are hard to read, highlight the text by dragging your mouse over it.  On most hard to read pages this will bring the text up so you can read it.

              Jennifer

              From: Kyla <skycat@...>

              To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com

              From: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com]

              On

              Behalf Of Maryelizabeth

              Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2010 6:35 PM

              To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com

              If anyone is interested in some of what I have posted about, I have

              pictures

              on my blog that were taken at the event attended in October, as well as a

              picture of the tent I purchased after that event.

              http://momof2bunnies.blogspot.com/

              I couldn't remember if I had posted this link or not, so figured that I

              would do so just in case. More will be added as new garb is completed.

              Hopefully soon, I will be able to start on new furniture as well. Our garb

              is nothing fancy, but I think we blended in pretty good at the event. Our

              goal was to blend in and not stick out too much as the newbies.

              Maryelizabeth

            • Justinos Tekton called Justin
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 15, 2010
                On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 01:34 +0000, Maryelizabeth wrote:
                > If anyone is interested in some of what I have posted about, I have
                > pictures on my blog that were taken at the event attended in October,
                > as well as a picture of the tent I purchased after that event.
                >
                > http://momof2bunnies.blogspot.com/

                Invisible for me except for the very top of the page and the legal
                footnote, in Firefox 3.6.12. Just a large pale-blue page. This is after
                you changed your template, by the way. I think you have a stylesheet
                problem, because highlighting text with the mouse, while a very good
                technique that I've used before, doesn't help here.

                I don't believe you have to have a Blogspot account to access pages
                there unless the owner has specifically sit the page to be private. In
                that case there is a login prompt, usually, which isn't the situation
                here. So I don't think it's security settings, but rather a layering
                issue in cascading stylesheets (CSS).

                Hope this helps you track down the problem.

                Kind regards,

                fesswise reversed sable.

                justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
              • Ziddinaaitzumar@comcast.net