Re: [SCA Newcomers] newbie!

  • Nicole E. Miller
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
      That is what is listed on their website, but if the forwarding path is not correct (the official email addresses always forward to the current office holders personal emails) your email will end up in limbo. Best to start moving up the line toward the kingdom officers.

      Sian
      ---- Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:

      =============
      I used chatelaine@...
      Is that correct?

      On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
      fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:

      > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
      > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
      > work.
      >
      > Finnseach
      > Middle Kingdom Webminister
      >

      > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      > > We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar
      > Chatelaine
      > > from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if
      > that
      > > group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
      > > information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
      > > showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
      > > Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer
      > know
      > > that we're looking for him or her!
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > ~Tracey

    • Hannah
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
        Greetings all,

        My name is Hannah and I'm the Baroness of the Group you seek. I have a "google" alert set to let me know when my group name comes up online -- and now I'm so very glad that I have that precaution set! I sincerely apologize that some of you have not been able to reach us. I've spoken with our Chateline already and she said she has talked with out web minister to check into the issue.

        In the meantime, if you have questions about our events or what's going on with our group, please feel free to email me. I will gladly see if I can help you out. You can reach me at baroness@... or...if that doesn't work...hannahschreiber@....

        Our website is www.cynnabar.org which also contains a calendar of events.

        Looking forward to meeting and talking with any new folks!

        In service,
        Baroness Hannah
        Cynnabar, Pentamere
        (Which means -- Ann Arbor area, Michigan)

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole E. Miller" <schnauzer2@...> wrote:

        > That is what is listed on their website, but if the forwarding path is not correct (the official email addresses always forward to the current office holders personal emails) your email will end up in limbo. Best to start moving up the line toward the kingdom officers.
        >
        > Sian
        > ---- Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:
        >
        > =============
        > I used chatelaine@...
        > Is that correct?
        >
        > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
        > fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:
        >

        > > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
        > > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
        > > work.
        > >
        > > Finnseach
        > > Middle Kingdom Webminister
        > >

        > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > > > We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar
        > > Chatelaine
        > > > from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if
        > > that
        > > > group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
        > > > information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
        > > > showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
        > > > Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer
        > > know
        > > > that we're looking for him or her!
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > > ~Tracey

      • Bill Toscano
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
          Your Excellency!

          You rock!

          Liam
          East

          On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Hannah <hannahschreiber@...> wrote:

          > Greetings all,
          >
          > My name is Hannah and I'm the Baroness of the Group you seek. I have a
          > "google" alert set to let me know when my group name comes up online -- and
          > now I'm so very glad that I have that precaution set! I sincerely apologize
          > that some of you have not been able to reach us. I've spoken with our
          > Chateline already and she said she has talked with out web minister to check
          > into the issue.
          >
          > In the meantime, if you have questions about our events or what's going on
          > with our group, please feel free to email me. I will gladly see if I can
          > help you out. You can reach me at baroness@...<baroness%40cynnabar.org>or...if that doesn't
          > work...hannahschreiber@... <work...hannahschreiber%40yahoo.com>.
          >
          > Our website is www.cynnabar.org which also contains a calendar of events.
          >
          > Looking forward to meeting and talking with any new folks!
          >
          > In service,
          > Baroness Hannah
          > Cynnabar, Pentamere
          > (Which means -- Ann Arbor area, Michigan)
          >
          > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "Nicole E. Miller" <schnauzer2@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > That is what is listed on their website, but if the forwarding path is
          > not correct (the official email addresses always forward to the current
          > office holders personal emails) your email will end up in limbo. Best to
          > start moving up the line toward the kingdom officers.
          > >
          > > Sian
          > > ---- Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > =============
          > > I used chatelaine@...
          > > Is that correct?
          > >
          > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
          > > fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
          > > > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
          > > > work.
          > > >
          > > > Finnseach
          > > > Middle Kingdom Webminister
          > > >

          > > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@
          > ...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
          > > > Chatelaine
          > > > that
          > more
          > just
          > > > know

        • Finnseach de Locheil/Judith Winner
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
            On 11/3/2010 10:52 AM, Tracey Sonntag wrote:
            > I used chatelaine@...
            > Is that correct?

            That is correct. If the mail bounced - it may have been a temporary glitch. If
            you never heard back, that would be something else entirely.

            Sometimes, messages do get lost on the 'net. If you haven't heard anything back
            from them in a week or so, try sending the message again... and maybe include
            their Seneschal.

            Finnseach
            (some web type person) ;-)
            --
            "I'm buying this fleece/fiber now in case I have an emergency... you know,
            sickness, flood, injury, mosquito infestations, not enough chocolate in the