Re: [SCA Newcomers] newbie!

  • Cailin Mac Kinnach
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 2, 2010
      If you can't get ahold of anyone, just show up, say you're new, and some guy
      from Athelmearc said to ask for the chatelaine.

      On Nov 2, 2010 9:09 AM, "weswwoods" <weswwoods@...> wrote:

      I currently live here in ann arbor and I am trying to get ahold of anyone a
      from cynnabar!! for some reason the emails on there page does not work for
      me and I cannot find any contact information. I was not sure if I should
      just show up to an event? I want to join right away already sent for my
      membership just need to hear a voice!

    • Tracey Sonntag
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
        We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar Chatelaine
        from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if that
        group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
        information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
        showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
        Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer know
        that we're looking for him or her!

        Thanks,
        ~Tracey

        On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Cailin Mac Kinnach <cailin.sca@...>wrote:

        > If you can't get ahold of anyone, just show up, say you're new, and some
        > guy
        > from Athelmearc said to ask for the chatelaine.
        >
        > On Nov 2, 2010 9:09 AM, "weswwoods" <weswwoods@...> wrote:
        >

        > I currently live here in ann arbor and I am trying to get ahold of anyone a
        > from cynnabar!! for some reason the emails on there page does not work for
        > me and I cannot find any contact information. I was not sure if I should
        > just show up to an event? I want to join right away already sent for my
        > membership just need to hear a voice!

      • Judith / Finnseach
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
          One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
          you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
          work.

          Finnseach
          Middle Kingdom Webminister

          On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:
          > We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar Chatelaine
          > from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if that
          > group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
          > information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
          > showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
          > Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer know
          > that we're looking for him or her!
          >
          > Thanks,
          > ~Tracey
        • Tracey Sonntag
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
            I used chatelaine@...
            Is that correct?

            On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
            fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:

            > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
            > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
            > work.
            >
            > Finnseach
            > Middle Kingdom Webminister
            >

            > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            > > We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar
            > Chatelaine
            > > from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if
            > that
            > > group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
            > > information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
            > > showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
            > > Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer
            > know
            > > that we're looking for him or her!
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > ~Tracey

          • Nicole E. Miller
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
              It is always possible the forwarding path for the baronial emails has gone wonky. If you cannot get anything from the barony officers, then go up to the next level. The Deputy for that area is listed as Istvan Valkai (Ivalkai AT yahoo.com-be sure to replace the AT with @). If you still don't get a response move on up the Kingdom officer. The local group may not even be aware their aliases are bouncing.

              Sian,
              Atlantia

              =============

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2010
                That is what is listed on their website, but if the forwarding path is not correct (the official email addresses always forward to the current office holders personal emails) your email will end up in limbo. Best to start moving up the line toward the kingdom officers.

                Sian
                ---- Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:

                =============
                I used chatelaine@...
                Is that correct?

                On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
                fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:

                > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
                > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
                > work.
                >
                > Finnseach
                > Middle Kingdom Webminister
                >

                > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                > > We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar
                > Chatelaine
                > > from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if
                > that
                > > group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
                > > information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
                > > showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
                > > Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer
                > know
                > > that we're looking for him or her!
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > ~Tracey

              • Hannah
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
                  Greetings all,

                  My name is Hannah and I'm the Baroness of the Group you seek. I have a "google" alert set to let me know when my group name comes up online -- and now I'm so very glad that I have that precaution set! I sincerely apologize that some of you have not been able to reach us. I've spoken with our Chateline already and she said she has talked with out web minister to check into the issue.

                  In the meantime, if you have questions about our events or what's going on with our group, please feel free to email me. I will gladly see if I can help you out. You can reach me at baroness@... or...if that doesn't work...hannahschreiber@....

                  Our website is www.cynnabar.org which also contains a calendar of events.

                  Looking forward to meeting and talking with any new folks!

                  In service,
                  Baroness Hannah
                  Cynnabar, Pentamere
                  (Which means -- Ann Arbor area, Michigan)

                  --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole E. Miller" <schnauzer2@...> wrote:

                  > That is what is listed on their website, but if the forwarding path is not correct (the official email addresses always forward to the current office holders personal emails) your email will end up in limbo. Best to start moving up the line toward the kingdom officers.
                  >
                  > Sian
                  > ---- Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > =============
                  > I used chatelaine@...
                  > Is that correct?
                  >
                  > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
                  > fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
                  > > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
                  > > work.
                  > >
                  > > Finnseach
                  > > Middle Kingdom Webminister
                  > >

                  > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > > We've had the same problem here. I sent an email to the Cynnabar
                  > > Chatelaine
                  > > > from their website, but never received a response. I'm not certain if
                  > > that
                  > > > group is even still active. My husband and I were hoping to get some more
                  > > > information on the SCA and the events, and we're really not much for just
                  > > > showing up while we still don't know what's going on. If anyone from
                  > > > Cynnabar happens to drop by here, please let your information officer
                  > > know
                  > > > that we're looking for him or her!
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks,
                  > > > ~Tracey

                • Bill Toscano
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
                    Your Excellency!

                    You rock!

                    Liam
                    East

                    On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Hannah <hannahschreiber@...> wrote:

                    > Greetings all,
                    >
                    > My name is Hannah and I'm the Baroness of the Group you seek. I have a
                    > "google" alert set to let me know when my group name comes up online -- and
                    > now I'm so very glad that I have that precaution set! I sincerely apologize
                    > that some of you have not been able to reach us. I've spoken with our
                    > Chateline already and she said she has talked with out web minister to check
                    > into the issue.
                    >
                    > In the meantime, if you have questions about our events or what's going on
                    > with our group, please feel free to email me. I will gladly see if I can
                    > help you out. You can reach me at baroness@...<baroness%40cynnabar.org>or...if that doesn't
                    > work...hannahschreiber@... <work...hannahschreiber%40yahoo.com>.
                    >
                    > Our website is www.cynnabar.org which also contains a calendar of events.
                    >
                    > Looking forward to meeting and talking with any new folks!
                    >
                    > In service,
                    > Baroness Hannah
                    > Cynnabar, Pentamere
                    > (Which means -- Ann Arbor area, Michigan)
                    >
                    > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com <scanewcomers%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > "Nicole E. Miller" <schnauzer2@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > That is what is listed on their website, but if the forwarding path is
                    > not correct (the official email addresses always forward to the current
                    > office holders personal emails) your email will end up in limbo. Best to
                    > start moving up the line toward the kingdom officers.
                    > >
                    > > Sian
                    > > ---- Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > =============
                    > > I used chatelaine@...
                    > > Is that correct?
                    > >
                    > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Judith / Finnseach <
                    > > fionnseachdelochielle@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > > One thing to note is that the email links include .AT. and .DOT. If
                    > > > you're not aware that this is what shows up in the To: field it won't
                    > > > work.
                    > > >
                    > > > Finnseach
                    > > > Middle Kingdom Webminister
                    > > >

                    > > > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Tracey Sonntag <tjsonntag@
                    > ...<tjsonntag%40gmail.com>>
                    > > > Chatelaine
                    > > > that
                    > more
                    > just
                    > > > know

                  • Finnseach de Locheil/Judith Winner
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2010
                      On 11/3/2010 10:52 AM, Tracey Sonntag wrote:
                      > I used chatelaine@...
                      > Is that correct?

                      That is correct. If the mail bounced - it may have been a temporary glitch. If
                      you never heard back, that would be something else entirely.

                      Sometimes, messages do get lost on the 'net. If you haven't heard anything back
                      from them in a week or so, try sending the message again... and maybe include
                      their Seneschal.

                      Finnseach
                      (some web type person) ;-)
                      --
                      "I'm buying this fleece/fiber now in case I have an emergency... you know,
                      sickness, flood, injury, mosquito infestations, not enough chocolate in the