Re: cloak

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 13, 2010
      <<< Maybe I'm searching it wrong but I can't find a single pattern nor even a picture of a cloak on Florilegium. Is there a section with pictures for beginners or archive of patterns like they have on Armor Archives?
      Jon

      However, you might want to look at these files in the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium:
      > AS-Cloaks-art (10K) 5/ 3/02 "An Anglo-Saxon Cloak" by Lady Eowyn "Eo" Swiftlere. >>>

      Okay, I hadn't read the file in a while. I see that it describes a much simpler and easier cloak to make, little or no cutting or sewing. But it doesn't match the cloak you were looking for.

      The other file, being a collection of messages off of various newsgroups and mail lists, doesn't have any patterns or diagrams because those aren't allowed in most groups. I was hoping that some of the books referenced or the, sometimes, patterns and pattern sources mentioned might be of use to you.

      Everything is organized in the files and sections that you found.

      This file in the CLOTHING section does have reviews of various mundane patterns. I know there is one for cloaks, since that is what my mother used when she sewed mine and my wife's. However, if I saw a message on that pattern it is likely in the cloaks-msg file and not in this file. But it might be worth a look.

      patterns-msg (115K) 4/19/10 Sources for clothing patterns. Altering mundane patterns.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/patterns-msg.html

      For future reference, although it won't help in this case, there is a search engine on the top page of the Florilegium that is useful in searching the entire site. This is especially good for items that I don't have enough information on to create a file for, but which are in part of other files.

      Stefan

      --------