Re: [SCA Newcomers] SCA Heraldry tinctures?

  • shandra_
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 12, 2010
      Since you cannot use a gray (argent/silver/white)fox on a white background (they'd blur together on a shield viewed from 100 yards away), I've come up with a couple of alternatives for you.

      Please note, I have not checked either of these for any conflict with existing devices, so should you like one, you should contact your local herald to check for you.

      And pardon my quick 5 minute "sketches".

      http://shandra.webs.com/Heraldry/fox1.jpg
      http://shandra.webs.com/Heraldry/fox2.jpg (my fav)

      ~Alexandra Vazquez de Granada
      (called Shandra)
      Barony of Coeur d'Ennui, Calontir
    • warbow67
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 13, 2010
        Actually the second one is exactly what I am working on right now (though with a tightened up wave pattern on the border).

        Dave H

        -------------------------------------

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, shandra_ <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > Since you cannot use a gray (argent/silver/white)fox on a white background (they'd blur together on a shield viewed from 100 yards away), I've come up with a couple of alternatives for you.
        >
        > Please note, I have not checked either of these for any conflict with existing devices, so should you like one, you should contact your local herald to check for you.
        >
        > And pardon my quick 5 minute "sketches".
        >
        > http://shandra.webs.com/Heraldry/fox1.jpg
        > http://shandra.webs.com/Heraldry/fox2.jpg (my fav)
        >
        > ~Alexandra Vazquez de Granada
        > (called Shandra)
        > Barony of Coeur d'Ennui, Calontir

      • bianca_di_alessandro
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 13, 2010
          I'm not sure if you can "tighten up" the wavy edge treatment beyond what Alexandra did. Edge treatments are generally supposed to be drawn "big, bold and butch" as someone put it, with fewer, bigger waves rather than a large number of small ones.

          I'd agree with the folks that suggest discussing this with a herald before you get set on any one design. It looks good, though.

          Bianca