RE: [SCA Newcomers] Cold weather camping

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 02:14 -0500, Bambi TBNL wrote:
      > It did help thouh we awoke to dins our combined breath had caused
      > stlagties to form on the cieling.

      That explains a lot about why you were so cold. If you had stalactites
      forming on the ceiling from water condensation, then you needed more
      ventilation in the tent.

      It sounds counter-intuitive, but if you keep things *too* tightly sealed
      in the winter, you get condensation, which makes things damp, which
      makes you *colder* than if you let a little air in.

      Justin
      Who enjoys camping in zero-Farenheit weather :-)

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/