Re: [SCA Newcomers] Cold weather camping

  • Bambi TBNL
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
      ( Singing slitghly flat)
      On the first night of Gulf Wars
      I wore into my bed
      !A black furry haat on my head!

      On the second night of Gulf Wars
      I wore into my bed
      Two pairs of sweatpants
      And a black furry hat on my head

      On the Third night of Gulf Wars
      I wore into my bed
      Three other campmates
      two pairs of sweat pants
      And black furry hat on my head.

      On the fourh night of Gulf Wars
      I wore itnto my bed
      Four linsywoolsy tunics
      Three other campmates
      Two pairs of sweatpants
      And a black fuzzy hat on my head.

      ON the fifth night of Gulf Wars
      I took into my bed
      FIVE HEATED ROCKS (wrapped in towels. DISCLAIMERbe very careful with this one rocks can explode while heating! IN fct just sy no to heating rocks)
      Four linsey woolsey tunics
      Three other campmates
      Two pairs of sweatpants
      AND A BLACK FURRU HAT ON MY HEAAAAAAD!

      (applause. Boews. Exits stage right)
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
        On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 02:14 -0500, Bambi TBNL wrote:
        > It did help thouh we awoke to dins our combined breath had caused
        > stlagties to form on the cieling.

        That explains a lot about why you were so cold. If you had stalactites
        forming on the ceiling from water condensation, then you needed more
        ventilation in the tent.

        It sounds counter-intuitive, but if you keep things *too* tightly sealed
        in the winter, you get condensation, which makes things damp, which
        makes you *colder* than if you let a little air in.

        Justin
        Who enjoys camping in zero-Farenheit weather :-)

        fesswise reversed sable.

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/