New Release: Cult of Camulos - A Gripping Tale Cast in Pre-Roman Europe

  • williehowie
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2010
      Cult of Camulos

      A Gripping Novel Cast in a Forgotten Era of Pre-Roman Europe

      Newly released by Wings-Press(Sept 2010) Cult of Camulos is the second
      novel penned by William Russeth. It is a gripping tale that will sweep
      you across the ancient Celtic world, from the battlefields of Telemon
      (Italy) to the salt mines of Halstatt (Austria) and Lugdunum (France).
      It is and epic story of personal conflict with converging plotlines of
      love, jealousy, and ambition that culminate in a stunning climax.

      "Finding he has no heart for rape and murder, a Celtic warrior
      decides to return home, but it is too late. Roman Legions crush his war
      band, enslave the warrior, and send him to die slowly digging salt. His
      daring escape and journey home take away everything he loves and
      threaten to steal the last vestige of his humanity. Will his journey
      that transform him into the most revered chieftain in all of Celtica or
      the most murderous monster?"

      William Russeth's tale is a blend of fictional and historical
      settings in Europe prior to the Roman occupation, an era not exploited
      by many authors. "This is the forgotten era of European history,
      before Rome conquered Gaul and Celtic tribes controlled Europe,
      "says Mr. Russeth. "It is great period for an author write about
      because it is not really in an era of recorded history. This gives the
      author wide latitude to create a good story. But it is sad that so much
      of our Celtic heritage has been lost. Most people do not know that many
      European cities, like Lyons were originated by Celtic Tribes."

      Cult of Camulos

      GENRE: Historical Adventure

      PAGES: 372

      E-ISBN: 978-1-59705-497-3

      POD-ISBN: 978-1-59705-600-7

      (Acting) EE: Marilyn Kapp mkapp2@...

      PUBLICATION DATE: September 2010

      HOME PAGE: http://mysite.verizon.net/resr5omo/whrhomepage/
      <http://mysite.verizon.net/resr5omo/whrhomepage/>

      EMAIL ADDRESS: http:// williehowie2002@...

      To place orders for the book, contact:
      Wings ePress, Inc
      403 Wallace Court
      Richmond, Kentucky 40475
      FAX: 859-625- 5629

      e-mail: Marilyn Kapp mkapp2@...
      William H Russeth, www.williehowie2002@...
      <http://www.williehowie2002@...>

    • Beth Zurkowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2010
        Wow sounds like a good read. Does anyone know where I can find  one like it about the times in the Renaissance for kids? It has to be a story. Hopefully a story about  growing up then and what life was like. I'm looking for an accurate feeling of the time.  My seven year old son wants to know all about the Renaissance like the bugs they slept with and the poop in the street and the medicine back then.
        Thanks,
        Beth

[...]

      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2010
          On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 02:30 +0000, williehowie wrote:
          > Cult of Camulos
          >
          > A Gripping Novel Cast in a Forgotten Era of Pre-Roman Europe

          Thank you for honestly identifying yourself as the author in your
          contact information at the bottom of your message. :-) We have had
          problems in the past with people promoting their own web sites, books,
          etc., without identifying their connection to the work.

          fesswise reversed sable.

          justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
        • Stefan li Rous
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
            Beth asked:
            <<< Does anyone know where I can find one like it about the times in the Renaissance for kids? It has to be a story. Hopefully a story about growing up then and what life was like. I'm looking for an accurate feeling of the time. My seven year old son wants to know all about the Renaissance like the bugs they slept with and the poop in the street and the medicine back then. >>>

            I can't remember if this file lists any books that cover the details you are interested in, but it might be worth a look. In the CHILDREN section of the Florilegium:
            child-books-msg (26K) 1/25/08 Children's Medieval and Ren. history books.
            http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHILDREN/child-books-msg.html

            I do have files on all of these subjects in other sections of the Florilegium, but you may not find them appropriate for seven year old children.

            Stefan
            --------