Re: [SCA Newcomers] For Maryelizabeth-Blanket Recommendations

  • Caoilinn Trotter
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2010
      I usually put an old sleeping bag, unzipped and left open on top of the air
      mattress and a sleeping bag that I crawl into, I've been to a few of our Lovely
      freeze your nose off campouts, l;ol

      ________________________________
      From: Justinos Tekton called Justin <justin@...>
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 7 September, 2010, 19:12

      sebhdann wrote:

      > Scadian friends taught me if

      > you're using an air mattress on the ground, place a blanket between

      > mattress

      > and sleeping bag for insulation from the cold air trapped inside the

      > air

      > mattress.

      As a Chirurgeon, I once treated a patient for hypothermia, serious

      enough I had to send her offsite for medical care, because she slept

      under several blankets but with only an air mattress between her bedroll

      and the ground. The temperature was about 45 Farenheit that night.

      People think of the obvious thing of putting blankets on top, but the

      head covering and the under-bed insulation are really more important in

      many situations.

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/