Re: Trimming issues

  • Stefan li Rous
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2010
      <<< Answer to question re use . . .

      No its not for a hat. What I want to do is sew some findings on to it and turn it into a decorated belt.

      Penny >>>

      Thank you for answering my question. Are you planning on backing it? I think that modern velvet, and especially velveteen will stretch and probably droop, so placing/wrapping your velvet over a leather or other belt might be helpful.

      I do have this file on belts in the ACCESSORIES section of the Florilegium, but I'm not sure how much is specifically on decorated cloth belts.

      belts-msg (41K) 4/27/10 Medieval and SCA belts and baldrics.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/ACCESS/belts-msg.html

      Perhaps someday I'll see a good article on these decorated belts and convince the author to let me add it to the Florilegium, or someone will write me a good article on them.

      Stefan

      --------