RE: [SCA Newcomers] Joining SCA

  • Laurie Taylor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2010
      www.sca.org <http://www.sca.org/>

      Click on 'become a member' - in a box about mid page

      Click on 'Purchase / Renew membership on-line

      The next screen will be the main Membership page, and you can click on 'join
      the SCA' on the right hand side.this will open a form to be filled in on
      screen. Just follow the steps.

      - or -

      Click on 'Print Membership Forms'

      This will give you a list of links specific to your location, US, Australia,
      New Zealand, Other International. From there, just print and use the
      correct form.

      I've done the on-line membership process. It's not difficult and even
      handles your family members' memberships as part of the same process.

      You were given good information in the other responses. You don't have to
      join right away.some people never officially join, yet play extensively.
      Also, once your membership application is in, you'll be part of the Barony
      closest to your zip code. HOWEVER, you are NOT limited to playing in that
      Barony. You can attend meetings and events anywhere that you like. I live
      in one Barony, but on the far side of that Barony's bounds and far from most
      of their activities. As a result, I mostly play in another Barony, the
      activities of which are very close to my home. I also play with a College
      group as I like the group and the things that they do. Whatever makes you
      happy, that's what you do in the SCA.

      Gelleia de Horslaporte

      Living in the Kingdom of Atenveldt and playing where ever.

      _____