Re: [SCA Newcomers] Windows Wallpaper For PC

  • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
      Just fine :)
      YIS,

      Giertrud Gyldenstierne

      (g'yair-trood ghee-yule-den-stee-air-nuh)

      God is my lyght and saluation, whom then shall I feare? God is the strength
      of my life, of whom then shall I be afraide?

      On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM, sirtsclan <sirtsclan@...> wrote:

      > Greetings Giertrud!
      >
      > It's formatted to fit a 1024x768 size display and Windows will display a
      > JPG file for wallpaper if led to the directory and shown the file. Otherwise
      > the JPG should be converted to a BMP.
      >
      > Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.
      >
      > Gary
      > ________
      >

      > What specifically makes it a WINDOWS wallpaper? I see no reason why it
      > wouldn't work on my Ubuntu Linux system.

    • Justinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 12, 2010
        On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 15:13 +0000, sirtsclan wrote:
        > Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.

        JPEG and PNG files work just fine as Linux wallpaper and screen saver
        artwork. :-)

        Kind regards,

        Justin
        Professional sysadmin for Linux servers

        fesswise reversed sable.

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      • sirtsclan
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
          Members,

          Here's a Windows wallpaper of a public domain book image showing inhabitants and their dress in the year 1380A.D. Download looks great!

          http://www.divshare.com/download/12183090-f85

          Gary