Re: [SCA Newcomers] Windows Wallpaper For PC

  • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
      What specifically makes it a WINDOWS wallpaper? I see no reason why it
      wouldn't work on my Ubuntu Linux system.

      YIS,

      Giertrud Gyldenstierne

      (g'yair-trood ghee-yule-den-stee-air-nuh)

      God is my lyght and saluation, whom then shall I feare? God is the strength
      of my life, of whom then shall I be afraide?

    • sirtsclan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
        Greetings Giertrud!

        It's formatted to fit a 1024x768 size display and Windows will display a JPG file for wallpaper if led to the directory and shown the file. Otherwise the JPG should be converted to a BMP.

        Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.

        Gary
        ________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2010
          Just fine :)

          On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM, sirtsclan <sirtsclan@...> wrote:

          > Greetings Giertrud!
          >
          > It's formatted to fit a 1024x768 size display and Windows will display a
          > JPG file for wallpaper if led to the directory and shown the file. Otherwise
          > the JPG should be converted to a BMP.
          >
          > Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.
          >
          > Gary
          > ________
          >

          > What specifically makes it a WINDOWS wallpaper? I see no reason why it
          > wouldn't work on my Ubuntu Linux system.

        • Justinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 12, 2010
            On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 15:13 +0000, sirtsclan wrote:
            > Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.

            JPEG and PNG files work just fine as Linux wallpaper and screen saver
            artwork. :-)

            Kind regards,

            Justin
            Professional sysadmin for Linux servers

            fesswise reversed sable.

            justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          • sirtsclan
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
              Members,

              Here's a Windows wallpaper of a public domain book image showing inhabitants and their dress in the year 1380A.D. Download looks great!

              http://www.divshare.com/download/12183090-f85

              Gary