Windows Wallpaper For PC

  • sirtsclan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10 11:38 AM
      Members,

      A Windows wallpaper you'll want to leave up:

      http://www.divshare.com/download/11957910-709

      Gary Smith
    • Giertrud Gyldenstierne
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11 7:20 AM
        What specifically makes it a WINDOWS wallpaper? I see no reason why it
        wouldn't work on my Ubuntu Linux system.

        YIS,

        Giertrud Gyldenstierne

        (g'yair-trood ghee-yule-den-stee-air-nuh)

        God is my lyght and saluation, whom then shall I feare? God is the strength
        of my life, of whom then shall I be afraide?

      • sirtsclan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11 8:13 AM
          Greetings Giertrud!

          It's formatted to fit a 1024x768 size display and Windows will display a JPG file for wallpaper if led to the directory and shown the file. Otherwise the JPG should be converted to a BMP.

          Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.

          Gary
          ________

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11 9:06 PM
            Just fine :)

            On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM, sirtsclan <sirtsclan@...> wrote:

            > Greetings Giertrud!
            >
            > It's formatted to fit a 1024x768 size display and Windows will display a
            > JPG file for wallpaper if led to the directory and shown the file. Otherwise
            > the JPG should be converted to a BMP.
            >
            > Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.
            >
            > Gary
            > ________
            >

            > What specifically makes it a WINDOWS wallpaper? I see no reason why it
            > wouldn't work on my Ubuntu Linux system.

          • Justinos Tekton called Justin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 12 4:13 AM
              On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 15:13 +0000, sirtsclan wrote:
              > Does it work on your Linux? I like to know.

              JPEG and PNG files work just fine as Linux wallpaper and screen saver
              artwork. :-)

              Kind regards,

              Justin
              Professional sysadmin for Linux servers

              fesswise reversed sable.

              justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
            • sirtsclan
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 4, 2010
                Members,

                Here's a Windows wallpaper of a public domain book image showing inhabitants and their dress in the year 1380A.D. Download looks great!

                http://www.divshare.com/download/12183090-f85

                Gary