Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown)

  • Nicole Davis
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
      Already was taken care of when i saw that yesterday morning. sorry that that
      happened. I am pretty sure it is just a slow hacker.... I had one of my online
      games hacked about a month ago and wondered if or if not he had gone after my
      email.. guess he got that info... sad... So sorry again. I was on my way out the
      door when i stopped to check my email.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 7, 2010
        On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 13:54 -0700, Nicole Davis wrote:
        > Already was taken care of when i saw that yesterday morning. sorry
        > that that
        > happened. I am pretty sure it is just a slow hacker.... I had one of
        > my online
        > games hacked about a month ago and wondered if or if not he had gone
        > after my
        > email.. guess he got that info... sad... So sorry again. I was on my
        > way out the
        > door when i stopped to check my email.

        No problem. I'll leave your account on "moderated" for a couple more
        days until we're really sure the problem is gone, but as you can see
        there is no problem getting your messages onto the list, as we have
        several co-moderators who can approve them.

        Kind regards,

        fesswise reversed sable.

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      • Leah Clark
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 28, 2012
          I am trully sorry about the link have changed password my account had been hackedĀ

          [[ MODERATOR redacted the spam link accidentally quoted from the original ]]
        • Justinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 28, 2012
            On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 13:34 -0700, Leah Clark wrote:
            > I am trully sorry about the link have changed password my account had
            > been hacked
            >

            > [[ MODERATOR redacted the spam link accidentally quoted from the
            > original ]]

            Apology accepted, M'Lady, and as I said you're the victim here and not
            being blamed. :)

            That being said, I will note that it's my standard policy to leave an
            account on moderated-posting status for a few days even after the
            password is changed, just to be on the safe side.

            One small tip, to anyone discussing a spam link posted to the list like
            this. Be careful not to quote the bad link in the reply to the list, for
            that just propagates it further. :)

            Having dealt with this particular mode of attack for almost two years
            now, on a dozen or more lists that I maintain, I believe that there is a
            special, very unpleasant, place on the deepest plane of the Abyss
            reserved for the people who perpetrate these account compromises.