Question about Heavy Combat

  • bitchy_sweet1227
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2010
      Greets!

      My Lord is a heavy combatant and between us, neither of us can find any information regarding a heavy fighter's alternative to the fencer's rubber band gun. I was told a while back that there was something such as a 'hand cannon' or 'gun' doable using ping-pong balls but when I inquired further, I was not answered. I also asked locally, but no one is sure. Is this actually true or myth?

      Is there anyone here that can either help me with finding out what this would be or that can point me in the right direction?

      I most appreciate your help and thank you in advance!

      A very confused and frazzled,
      Dawn

      PS: We are in AEthelmearc, if that helps with rules, etc.
    • Gavin Kinkade
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2010
        No guns or gun like weapons are allowed in Heavy Combat in the Kingdom of Trimaris. In fact I have not heard of any kingdom that allows gun or gun like weapons in Heavy combat.

        The only thing close are crossbows and combat archery which fire a bolt with and 1 1/4 dia padded head and Anti-penatration device for feathers/fins.

        Gavin

        ________________________________

      • cailin.sca@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2010
          What Gavin said. I'm in Aethelmearc, and there's nothing like that in the rules, or in practice. I have a couple hussar friends who bemoan this, because hussars used hand guns in period. Closest you get to a gun is a crossbow, and there's very specific rules for that.
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
            I thank you and Gavin for the prompt replies! I was telling my sweetie and his reply was 'Yippee! Combat Archery, here I come!' LOL Personally, I think he's been waiting for an excuse to do CA. :) LOL Next stop, Kingdom site for the CA rules and regs....

            Thanks again!
            -Dawn :)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 30, 2010
              Let me know if you have trouble understanding the rules, as the bits about draw weight, and max poundage can get confusing.

              you can get crossbows pretty small, so long as they meet the poundage requirements and tehy are very manuaverable, and some are pretty accurate.
              I can hit a human sized target from 80 yards away without trouble.

              Good luck
              Gavin Kyncade
              Marcaster Ranger
              Man at Arms to
              Sir Takamatsu
              Apprentice to
              Maitresse Aspasia

              ________________________________
              I thank you and Gavin for the prompt replies! I was telling my sweetie and his reply was 'Yippee! Combat Archery, here I come!' LOL Personally, I think he's been waiting for an excuse to do CA. :) LOL Next stop, Kingdom site for the CA rules and regs....

              Thanks again!
              -Dawn :)

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, cailin.sca@... wrote:

              > What Gavin said. I'm in Aethelmearc, and there's nothing like that in the rules, or in practice. I have a couple hussar friends who bemoan this, because hussars used hand guns in period. Closest you get to a gun is a crossbow, and there's very specific rules for that.
              > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            • Lady Dawn de la Lune
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
                Thanks! I have passed on your missive and now he's smiling! We will definitely be in touch should he need more advise! Thanks again!
                IS,
                Dawn

                Re: Question about Heavy Combat
                Posted by: "Gavin Kinkade" gavin.kinkade@... gavin.kinkade
                Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:51 am (PDT)

                Let me know if you have trouble understanding the rules, as the bits about draw weight, and max poundage can get confusing.

                you can get crossbows pretty small, so long as they meet the poundage requirements and tehy are very manuaverable, and some are pretty accurate.
                I can hit a human sized target from 80 yards away without trouble.

                Good luck
                Gavin Kyncade
                Marcaster Ranger
                Man at Arms to
                Sir Takamatsu
                Apprentice to
                Maitresse Aspasia

              • christopher chastain
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 1, 2010
                  "I can hit a human sized target from 80 yards away without trouble."

                  And there was much groaning from the heavy fighters at this

                  Yours in Humble Service,
                  Pomestnik Dmitrii Ivanov
                  Per saltire sable and azure, a two headed eagle displayed and in chief a mullet of eight points argent

                  "Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it!"

                  To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2010
                    Muahhaahhaaahhaaaaaaaaa LOLOLOLOL

                    Ah but what you don't see, is when I am out of bolts, I go to the sidelines, drop my crossbow, and pick up my Sword and Shield and hold the line with the rest of my brothers!

                    ASGARD!

                    Gavin