Re: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 2354

  • Honour Horne-Jaruk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010
      Respected friends:

          Posted by: "David Backlin" edrei@... quiet2284
          Date: Thu May 6, 2010 3:00 pm ((PDT))
      ----- Original Message -----
      (I wrote)
      >Any seller whose descriptions include Medieval and Renaissance for the
      >same item is just plain bad. If they add Celtic, Renfair, SCA and LARP,
      >they're far worse. I wouldn't put this company's wares on a dog even if
      >I hated dogs.

      Not to argue, but I would respectfully disagree. MANY sellers, perhaps, but
      not ALL Sellers.

           Well, anything is theoretically possible; even the clueless get lucky. I've certainly seen sites with 600 pieces of garbage and one magnificent, spot-on period outfit. (If you know of any sites that are selling only accurate clothes but have a labelling problem, please tell me!)
           But if everything they've got is marked "Medieval, Renaissance, Celtic, Renfair, SCA and LARP"-- don't trust them to even know which of those labels might actually be semi-correct. If you're new to the SCA, you'll like the results much better if you only buy from sites that specify only one of Dark Ages, Medieval, or  Renaissance for a given garment.

      Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-

      (Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.

      Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

      FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS