Re: [SCA Newcomers] (no subject)

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2010
      On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 06:39 -0500, D'vorah bint al-Attar wrote:
      > I've also been informed by someone on (mumble -- can't remember which
      > email list) that http://www.historicenterprises.com not only SAYS that
      > their clothing patterns and construction methods are period, but are
      > actually correct. If you wanted to buy one full set of garb and then
      > use that as a pattern to make future sets, I'm told that would be an
      > excellent thing to do.

      I have a tunic and under-tunic that I bought last year at Pennsic from
      Black Swan Designs, which is part of Historic Enterprises. I am
      extremely pleased with the quality of the garments, and I get
      compliments from others almost every time I wear the tunic. Both inner
      and outer are made of 100% linen, and it's wonderfully comfortable in
      summer weather. :-)

      So I second D'vorah's recommendation of these folks. I don't have any
      commercial connection to them -- I'm just a customer who's happy with
      what I bought.

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
    • Maria Buchanan
      Message 2 of 10 , May 6, 2010
        Shellie,
        Go to JoAnns Fabrics online and sign up for their e-newsletter.  When you get it read it.  It will tell you when the patterns go on sale.  I've gotten McCalls and Simplicity patterns for 99 cents at JoAnn's when they are on sale.  Sometimes they are 1.99.  I've never bought a pattern at JoAnn's at full price.
        Maria