  • Honour Horne-Jaruk
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2010
      Respected friends:
      (some snips)

      From: "peneth4" <frasercp@...>
      > Hi
      >
      > There is an ebay seller who has a number of gowns for sale that I like the
      > look of but am unsure how "authenticly medieval" they are.
      >
      > Would appreciate some feedback on how close they are to the real thing.
      > The links are:
      >
      > http://myworld.ebay.com.au/your_dressmaker_medieval/

      My Laurel is in "the Clothier's Arts".

      Any seller whose descriptions include Medieval and Renaissance for the
      same item is just plain bad. If they add Celtic, Renfair, SCA and LARP,
      they're far worse. I wouldn't put this company's wares on a dog even if
      I hated dogs.
           If you want something you won't want to
      buy the negatives from later, try
      http://historicenterprises.com
      which has a superlative reputation. (I buy my son garb from them, and I'm a Laurel.)

      Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-

      (Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.

      Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

      FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS